Darden Primary Center 3

Posted July 01, 2014
My children attend darden. I was very happy with their experience over all, compared to their last school. My children were happy, they didn't have many issues with teachers or students their grades improved. This took a lot of stress off of me. So far darden is a good school.

Darden Primary Center 2

Posted July 13, 2013
For Kindergarten my child went to PHM. First grade she went to Darden, and I was not impressed. The material they learned in first grade at Darden, we learned in Kindergarten at PHM.

Darden Primary Center 4

Posted January 31, 2013
Darden has been a great school for my children. The music program has been the highlight for both my children. They can't wait to go to that class. All the teachers seem to be very caring. I am very happy with the programs there. Good school for students. Unbelievable music presentations!

Darden Primary Center 3

Posted June 25, 2011
My biggest issue with this school is the recesses. There is one 15 minute recess a day, and in winter months when it is too cold, or rainy days, they sit down and watch a show for 15 minutes and no talking/wiggling is allowed. They don't even get to run around in the gym. At recess they are not allowed to run, or yell. Despite the lack of recess time, my kids did thrive and learned a lot. Their first year there was difficult because both of my children didn't have what I considered to be good teachers (one yelled a lot, even when I was there helping). But their second year there was much better because they had wonderful teachers. This school is just okay. I would recommend living in Granger instead of South Bend and going to that school district as it is much better.

Posted July 20, 2008
I am very impressed with Darden Primary Center as a grandparent. I am impressed with the teachers, principal, parent involvemnet, and the leadership here. Both of my children attended Elkhart community schools and Darden far exceeds this school system in many ways.

Posted September 19, 2006
I have 2 children at Darden and they love it. My 10 year old daughter is just getting into wanting to be involved in the music program but she's so excited about it, it has to be great! The level of parental involvement is awesome! I think if schools cared this much about parents back when I was in school I would have worked harder. The special education preschool program is just fantastic. My 3 year old started school and I swear within a couple of weeks was walking and talking better and better. And all the teachers there care so much, you don't find that very often.

Darden Primary Center 2

Posted March 29, 2006
Well-meaning parents assured me that Darden was a good school; unfortunately I was very disappointed with my children's experience there. The curriculum was not challenging and discipline problems in the classroom were an obstacle that prevented quality instruction. I was dismayed that teachers and parents found these (lack of) standards acceptable.

Posted January 07, 2006
This is a great school. The teachers go out of their way to help students and parents. The PTA has alot of activities for the whole family. This is the way a school should be

Darden Primary Center 4

Posted May 13, 2005
We have been very happy with this school. The teachers seem to genuinely care about the student. They make them feel special when they are doing a good job and they really try to help them when they are struggling. The teachers are outstanding and they have some exciting programs for the children like the read program. The PTA has started some exciting after school programs that include sports and even a cooking class. What a great place for children in grades K-4.

Contact Information

18645 Janet Drive
South Bend, IN 46637

School website

Darden Primary Center
18645 Janet Drive, South Bend, IN  46637
Last modified Darden Primary Center is a public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Darden Primary Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.