Bad
Good

My son has been at madison for two years now.first teacher was excellent but second one is ridiculous! She has admitted to me and my husband she has lost my son three times and when I try to talk to her I get bullied by her and other teachers.also my son has adhd and o.d.d. and shes admitted to me that shes yells and throws stuff around.my advice,run the other way! My child whoose eight is already skipping school! All he has to do is whine a little and she calls and ask us to get him.I think shes very unprofessional and needs to go back to burger king cuz she has no business teaching childern.:-)

Madison has nice teachers. Its not always to the.students advantage though. Last year I had a issue because my daughters teacher had admitted to bumping her grade up in language arts an entire letter grade because she "is a nice girl". I'm trying to instill the value of education in my children and that hard work is what will get them into college. I do take some responsibility, however my daughter should not be able to get a pass when not working hard on her classroom work. Also, she almost NEVER had homework. Her teacher only assigned sentences for spelling words. If she needed additional time or help, I wouldn't know until parent conferences or unless I called. Everything was done in class. Mrs. Martin will be the new principal this year. She was at McKinley for my daughters K-1st years and I have faith my concerns will be addressed, otherwise we will need to change schools.

The problem with Madison isn't the teachers or principal; it's the ignorant parents of most of these students who think that teaching their children is the sole responsibility of the school. My daughter went to Madison from K-2nd grades and I really liked all of her teachers. I think they tried their best to provide these children with a quality education. But when less than 30% of the kids are passing the ISTEP I felt they were lowering their standards on the curriculum to relate to the majority of the students. My daughter started a private school this year where the average of students passing the ISTEP is over 90%. I hope this will be a good change for her and she will be more challenged. Parental involvement in a child's education makes a HUGE difference. They should make the parents of Madison children get on the bus and come to school right along with the kids so they can learn just how important it is to be your child's first teacher and stay involved after they start school.

I feel Madison Primary Center is doing a good job in trying to get the school back on track. My daughter is doing excellently while attending this school. She is constantly bringing new things home that she has learned. I think Madison isn't getthing the recognition that it deserves. The teachers can only teach those who want to want to learn. Its up to the students and their parents to further the learning experience, and if there is no follow up, what the teachers are teaching ends up being irrelevant.

Last modified Madison Primary Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.