Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I am a parent of a student who is constantly bullied by staff members. I most certainly am not a parent who feels their child does no wrong. However, adding days to a child's suspension for not knowing a telephone number is a bit extreme. As an educational institution it is one of the first steps in this messed up system that we force our children through but as soon as they make wrong decisions they are shunned and treated like criminals. Mr. Sims is a joke and needs to realize that every brown baby isn't fatherless. Not every child is a high honors student. Students who struggle shouldn't feel left out because the ones recognized are a little more intelligent or learning is easy for them. They try just as hard as any other student maybe even a little harder.

Hello i am a former student of Dickinson (2010-14). I was in the arts program. This school was full of lies. The principal ( Mr.Sims) made promises and never kept them. He also yelled about anything and everything. And punished everyone not just the ones who deserved it. One person could ruin everything. This school was just based on the I-Step and really didn't care if you passed or failed. Also this school didn't prepare the 8th graders for high school. Plus, when the state department came to our school he sugar coded everything. He made us seem like we where a perfect school but in reality we weren't! And don't think i'm just talking for myself because i'm not i could give a list of past or present students who feel the same way. Thank you for your time - past student

Dickinson is a great school, I am a student there and a victim (lol) even though the teachers can be annoying...they keeps things in order.

Hi im a student at this school and i would say that this school is a good one but all the teachers and staff are very srtict about everything and some of the kids dont know how to be quiet so we can actually learn and they to get some better uniforms because the one we have is a little BORING

After the new principal a lot has changed its an incredible school, the test scores are very good, and accurate I highly suggest this school

I go to this school.. and well, the kids don't really know when to just shut up and pay attention. They all want to grow up too fast.. I also kind of blame some of the strict teachers. I am glad to be going to this school, but I would like it if kids would actually participate in things.

Last modified Dickinson Fine Arts Academy is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.