South Bend, IN

Posted April 29, 2014
My school is an EXCELLENT school because it has a great staff. I have experienced kind and compassionate teachers that are always willing to build relationships with their students. The administration is also very supportive of their staff which gives to a warm and welcoming work environment. The quality of teaching is very high and I can see the results in the students performance. I also hear the students tell me they really like their teachers which I believe contributes to their high performances. The community is also very involved in this school. The staff has immense parent support and involvement. It is obvious that the families care about their students, the school and the staff.

Kennedy Primary Academy 4

Posted April 29, 2014
The project based learning and flexible learning groups, as well as the dedication and involvement of both parents and teachers makes this school strong.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school has been amazing. My son enjoys going to school everyday. This is a magnet school and the homework load can be quite hefty sometimes but it isn't constant and it has always been doable. The teachers are committed and communicate well with the parents. It's also great that they have a planetarium!

Posted April 29, 2014
If you are looking for a challenging education for your child with educators that truly care about children then Kennedy Primary Academy is where you want to be. The science teacher and planetarium are very awesome with many different hands on activities running throughout the school year for all grade levels. The school week is started with a school wide Monday morning meeting with up beat music incorporated, class presentation of KPA-kindness, pride and awareness, and positive behavioral rewards celebration. Art and Music classes are a favorite for many students. The children's art work is displayed around the school and I always am amazed how creative the lessons are and how well the children do. I work in the school as a support staff but I also had a child go through Kennedy and feel blessed he had the opportunity to attend. Parents need to be involved and keep an open communication. Agendas with the homework are written daily and come home daily for the parents to know what homework is due. Parents should stay abreast of their child's work as this support from home is critical to some children. This is a great public school.

Posted April 28, 2014
Kennedy is a wonderful school that offers students challenging, project-based learning with a focus on math and science. Learning is hands on and interactive. The teachers are dedicated and committed to providing the best possible education for each student. The parents are very involved and encouraged to help in the classroom and at the school. I'd highly recommend Kennedy Primary Academy to anyone in the South Bend area looking for a challenging, fun, and positive learning environment for their child.

Posted April 28, 2014
Kennedy is a great school. It is project based, hands on learning. Students are constantly up moving, working in small groups to solve a problem. Our parent involvement is amazing, we are lucky to have a strong PTO, and dedicated parents. Our staff goes above and beyond to meet the needs of each child, and foster an environment for learning. It is a wonderful option for parents, come check us out!!

Posted May 29, 2013
i am a student at kennedy and i absolutely love it. even though we get a lot of homework which dosn't everybody the teachers are really nice and outgoing. We also get to do a lot of fun activities, crafts, and projects and the whole staff is supporting, understandable, and helpful towards us students. Kennedy is absolutely awesome!

Posted May 17, 2011
I am thrilled with Kennedy. Since the curriculum is structured to challenge all children regardless of their aptitude level, he is in 2nd grade but is about to complete 3rd grade math utilizing the Everyday Math Program. He is also being challenged in reading and spelling. The teachers are fantastic, dynamic, loving individuals. School test scores are incredible as seen by the fact that the school received the coveted National Blue Ribbon award and is an Indiana 4-star school. Our only complaint is that the new principal seems to not be backing up the teachers when it comes to discipline. There is a handful of highly disruptive kids that when teachers send them to the office, little is done. I fear this inaction will erode teacher morale and the school will suffer. These kids also add stress to their classmates' experience as well. I hope Kennedy can maintain its high standards while breaking in the new principal.

Posted May 10, 2011
I have two children at Kennedy, a 3rd grader and Kindergartner. For my 3rd grader, this is her first year at the school. What a wonderful experience it has been. She is excited about school again and I can't believe the progess she has made this year. Same goes for my other child. She reading above grade level and is doing math story problems at age 5. The teachers and staff have been great and parents are encouraged to be envolved in the school. I am looking forward to the next few years at Kennedy.

Posted May 08, 2011
Kennedy offers excellent, caring, hard-working teachers and a challenging curriculum. There is an emphasis on science, math and technology. I am amazed at the science experiences my children are receiving there in particular. I am a former private school teacher and this school tops the education offered at most private schools. Besides a rigorous academic curriculum, it also offers Art, Library, Gym, Music and Spanish classes for all ages. It was ranked the #1 elementary school in the state of Indiana three years in a row and is consistently ranked in the top ten. Kennedy is a four star school and a blue ribbon school. I am confused by some posts referring to a lack of recess/physical education. For the past three years, my children have had gym two times a week and recess everyday. As parents, we are beyond pleased with the education our children are receiving at Kennedy.

Kennedy Primary Academy
609 North Olive Street, South Bend, IN  46628
Last modified Kennedy Primary Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kennedy Primary Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top