Posted August 15, 2013
Marquette has been invaluable to my children. we have a robust teacher/staff support sytem for our children and for us as parents. We enjoy our active family engagement, wether it be supporting the PTO with its many activities such as our family movie nights or the annual Fun Fair. Marquette has an extremely supportive environmental conditions. There is a strict no bully policy in place and just a family atmosphere that is easily palpable. All of these things lead to strong social and emotional student growth. We all share a love for the school-wide climate of high expectations and a love of learning. I hope to find all of this as my children advance through the educational system.

Marquette Montessori Academy 4

Posted August 15, 2013
Just a wonderful public school in a city with few good public options. All of the teachers are trained Montessori instructors, and the brand new building was built to Montessori specs. A calm and caring environment, with a great principal in Krystin Carlson. Among the best features are a really diverse population (racially and economically). While I don't think test scores say much, the school's statewide test results have gone up dramatically every year since the transition to Montessori. I only wish it went above fourth grade, because we are facing the question of what to do for middle school.

Posted November 17, 2012
My children have attended Marquette Montessori from the age of 3 and 4. I cannot describe the high level of education they have received. They wake up with joy on their face to go to school. They have an appreciation for learning and I owe this to the staff at Marquette Montessori.

Posted November 17, 2012
I have the opportunity to work at an amazing school. The staff always puts the children first. We work together to give the children the best education possible. We all believe in the Montessori philosophy and teach our students to reach for the stars.

Posted November 17, 2012
My youngest daughter has attended Marquette since she was 3 years old. In kindergarten, she brought home her first research paper (on ligers! They ARE real!!!) and was sent up to the 4th grade room to do her math. Now in 2nd grade, she is reading on a 7th/8th grade level, works with the more advance 3rd graders, and had all A's. By allowing them to work at their own pace, no one gets left behind and no one gets bored. She loves school and is surrounded by people who love her and want the best for her. They are taught to be confident, caring, and thoughtful individuals. I wish that my older children could have had the same amazing education that she is getting. My only complaint is that the school doesn't go through 12th grade!

Posted November 16, 2012
I am the grandparent of a third grader at Marquette Primary. I would strongly suggest to all parents of children age 3 and up to get on the waiting list NOW. Your children will be surrounded by the most caring and dedicated teachers and staff that you could ever find. Your questions and concerns are adressed in a timely manner and your children will greatly benefit from the level of respect they are shown and the values they are being taught each and every day. Don't be surprised if they quickly begin to work above their grade level. Their self-confidence will soar and they will look forward to learning. I am so very pleased at how I've seen my granddaughter blossom and mature since her pre-school days. She is truly in love with learning and I attribute this to the excellent education she is receiving at Marquette. This school is truly a shining star on the map of South Bend,IN

Posted November 12, 2012
My daughter has been a student at Marquette since its doors opened in 2007. She is currently 9, and in the 3rd grade. Ever since my daughter was born, her education was of the utmost importance to me. I personally had no experience with Indiana schools, therefore, I began researching early. As the time approached for my daughter to possibly begin an early childhood program, I was still at a loss as where to have her attend kindergarten. I then received a blessing in my mailbox. It was the information in regards to Marquette. I had had experience with Montessori Education & its benefits, so I was ecstatic at the thought of being able to offer it to my daughter. It in my opinion, is one of the most positive, influential forms of teaching in existence today. In my daughters time at Marquette she has excelled in multiple areas, to the point she is above her grade level in certain subjects. Marquette Montessori has taught her a level of independence, respect for herself & others, & the concept of accepting all types of people, regardless of their status, better than any regular public school could. Montessori Education focuses on the individual child & Marquette does it magnificently.

Posted April 30, 2012
My daughter has been at Marquette as a 3/4 year old for two years, and I can't think of a thing that I would change. She has learned so much it seems that daily I am surprised by the things she knows. She is clearly loved, nurtured, and learning. I love that while there is an emphasis in growing and learning new skills, she is not forced. Instead of dreading more complicated work, she looks forward to new lessons. Her teacher has always responded within the same day if we email her, and also alerted us to a bigger problem right away, so that we could address it with our daughter.

Posted April 18, 2012
My children are thriving at Marquette and one of our chief reasons for limiting our search for a new home to South Bend is that we don't want our kids to leave the school. The teachers are always quick to respond to emails and the stories our children tell about school illustrate that everyone is treated with respect at Marquette. The school body is racially and socioeconomically diverse - a very important trait in our opinion. I personally attended a private Montessori school from PK-8th grade and I find that my own children are using the same Montessori materials and vocabulary that I grew up with. We feel fortunate that our children are able to attend Marquette!

Posted April 18, 2012
This is my son's third year at Marquette. He is currently in kindergarten, and we have been wowed by the early childhood curriculum. His teacher, who he has had for three years, is incredible. She has built a community out of the children in her room, all while moving them along academically and socially. She is keenly aware of their developmental needs and meets them. The curriculum is authentically Montessori, and the proof of its success is clear: at mid-year assessments, the kindergarteners were the highest in the SBCSC for math and tied for first place in reading. I like that he is in a racially and socioeconomically diverse setting and that there is no ability testing for admission. We are 100% satisfied!

Marquette Montessori Academy
1818 Bergan St, South Bend, IN  46628
Last modified Marquette Montessori Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marquette Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.