PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted November 01, 2015
The quality of education is subpar, and there are plenty of better options in the area. Too many corners are cut at the expense of the students.

Posted April 14, 2015
My second child is getting ready to graduate from St. Anthony. Both of my children have had an awesome experience and both have received a great education. Teachers are dedicated and great at what they do. The curriculum and coursework does get harder as the students advance past the primary grades, but this is a testimony to the great education that the students receive and how prepared they are for high school.

Posted August 23, 2014
My second child recently graduated from St. Anthony School, and my older child graduated a few years ago. My husband and I were very pleased with our older child's readiness for high school. Our younger child has some health issues, and we were concerned that she may not be as prepared! We were mistaken. The teachers and administration were kind, supportive and always worked with us to make sure her needs were met. This is a warm and welcoming school!

Posted August 12, 2014
I found the administration to be stand offish and rude. An opinion shared with other parents and witnessed first hand. The teacher always sounded annoyed and their classroom management style left something to be desired. The few times we visited it felt like we were rushed out. The pastor seems disconnected from what is happening at the school and my child- who LOVED school- and learning in general- has been begging to be pulled and sent to another. My personal opinion is that the school should either be closed or a complete overhaul of administration and most of the staff take place immediately. I only wish that as a Catholic school they would remember the following verse "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' and reflect on what needs to be changed in their hearts and in the school.

Posted June 07, 2014
As the assistant principal of St. Anthony School, I am saddened to read the April 14, 2014 submission. I encourage the parent to contact me directly, so the concerns can be addressed. A person's perspective is their reality-I completely understand! We pride ourselves on our welcoming spirit and openness to self examination. As a parent of two St. Anthony alumni and the aunt of current students and alumni, I can't speak highly enough of the education my family has received.

Posted June 07, 2014
The teachers at all grade levels do an excellent job of balancing rigorous academics with fun and engagement. There was a turnover in administration last year. The new principal has gotten short-changed in having to follow in the past principal's popularity. He is a great person and a nice mix of administration and personality. He truly cares about each and every student and has their best interest at heart. He is doing dynamic things with enhancing the curriculum. Volunteer forms are sent home annually to sign up for various needs and volunteers are always being sought and encouraged.

Posted May 09, 2014
We love St. Anthony's. We have found it to be rich in faith and led by an involved and caring priest. The administration has been accessible and helpful. The teachers we have encountered have been warm and receptive. I feel my child is safe and loved in a loving Catholic environment. In addition to academics, we just attended an amazing night showcasing impressive art and music talents. We love St. Anthony's!

Posted April 14, 2014
We sent our child here for one year and if we didn't have experience in catholic schools would never have tried a second one. The administration is HORRIBLE, the teachers want to immediately demand a child get tested and put on medication if they aren't obedient drones with no original thoughts or ideas. The administration completely disregards licensed professionals who disagree. Parental involvement is discouraged unless you are in the chosen circle of the vice principal. My advice run away. As far and as fast as possible before they have a chance to ruin your child!

St Anthony De Padua School 2

Posted April 14, 2014
I have sent my child to St. Anthony's for a total of 5 years and we were always happy until this year. I have been considering changing schools for next year, but today my child asked me about changing for next year. The teachers were really quite good during his younger years and I felt that we worked as part of a team. I loved the old principal, but the new one is disappointing. My biggest issue is that the stress level is really high for my child this year and the teachers seem to be focussed on hitting specific approved curriculum marks more than truly making the assignments interesting. The work load is extremely high and overly redundant at times. The focus seems to be on discipline with detentions given for the most ridiculous things. I have seen the fire go out in my child's eyes surrounding learning. My child had told me on several occasions that teachers have told the entire class that they have to accomplish a specific bench mark or be held back. I think announcing this to the class adds unnecessary stress. I know my child (who is an excellent student) has had a lot of anxiety at times and became nauseous prior to testing. I'm so disappointed!

St Anthony De Padua School
2310 East Jefferson Boulevard, South Bend, IN  46615
Last modified St Anthony De Padua School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.