PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Both of my children have attended St. Anthony. My youngest just started high school. I was extremely happy with their education and how well prepared they were for high school. The teachers and administration are extremely devoted and care about the welfare of each child. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a quality education for their child.

The teachers are for the most part very dedicated, and work to connect with each child and get to know them. There are opportunities for every student to participate in extracurricular activities - there is band, a musical, many sports, scouting, etc. The curriculum could be more challenging in some areas.

The quality of education is subpar, and there are plenty of better options in the area. Too many corners are cut at the expense of the students.

My second child is getting ready to graduate from St. Anthony. Both of my children have had an awesome experience and both have received a great education. Teachers are dedicated and great at what they do. The curriculum and coursework does get harder as the students advance past the primary grades, but this is a testimony to the great education that the students receive and how prepared they are for high school.

My second child recently graduated from St. Anthony School, and my older child graduated a few years ago. My husband and I were very pleased with our older child's readiness for high school. Our younger child has some health issues, and we were concerned that she may not be as prepared! We were mistaken. The teachers and administration were kind, supportive and always worked with us to make sure her needs were met. This is a warm and welcoming school!

I found the administration to be stand offish and rude. An opinion shared with other parents and witnessed first hand. The teacher always sounded annoyed and their classroom management style left something to be desired. The few times we visited it felt like we were rushed out. The pastor seems disconnected from what is happening at the school and my child- who LOVED school- and learning in general- has been begging to be pulled and sent to another. My personal opinion is that the school should either be closed or a complete overhaul of administration and most of the staff take place immediately. I only wish that as a Catholic school they would remember the following verse "The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' and reflect on what needs to be changed in their hearts and in the school.

As the assistant principal of St. Anthony School, I am saddened to read the April 14, 2014 submission. I encourage the parent to contact me directly, so the concerns can be addressed. A person's perspective is their reality-I completely understand! We pride ourselves on our welcoming spirit and openness to self examination. As a parent of two St. Anthony alumni and the aunt of current students and alumni, I can't speak highly enough of the education my family has received.

The teachers at all grade levels do an excellent job of balancing rigorous academics with fun and engagement. There was a turnover in administration last year. The new principal has gotten short-changed in having to follow in the past principal's popularity. He is a great person and a nice mix of administration and personality. He truly cares about each and every student and has their best interest at heart. He is doing dynamic things with enhancing the curriculum. Volunteer forms are sent home annually to sign up for various needs and volunteers are always being sought and encouraged.

We love St. Anthony's. We have found it to be rich in faith and led by an involved and caring priest. The administration has been accessible and helpful. The teachers we have encountered have been warm and receptive. I feel my child is safe and loved in a loving Catholic environment. In addition to academics, we just attended an amazing night showcasing impressive art and music talents. We love St. Anthony's!

Last modified St Anthony De Padua School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8