Our Lady Of Hungary School 3

Posted November 08, 2012
I expected more out of OLOH. The school is falling apart. The money now filtering into the school from vouchers alone should help with the repairs the school needs. The teachers are great. The new principle is not as interactive with the students or parents as the previous principle was. There are no student activities, like festivals, or other things like that. Theres a fundraiser every other week where is that money going? I thought year 2 after the vouchers we would start seeing some changes, maybe even a playground or a real cafetaria. There is no effort put in from the school. The new children are walking around in short skirts, footies instead of knee highs, boys in baggy uniform pants and the new principle has done nothing to correct this. The only difference now between OLOH and a public school is OLOH students attend mass and religion is a subject.

Posted March 20, 2009
I went to this school years ago and I loved the small classes and the one and one time I got with my teachers. I really missed that once I had to go to a public high school

Posted May 06, 2004
My son Justin attended kindergarten through 6th grade until we moved to Florida in 1998. Justin is a fine young man. I would like to give credit to Our lady of Hungary school for the fine education and helping our children to know the importance of God's love in our lives. I also want to thank Our Lady for the support given to my family during Justin's school years.

Posted September 09, 2003
Our Lady is a wonderful school. The teachers have not only taught my children how to read and write but how to respect other and themselves. The school may be small but that is one of the great qualities about it. Fewer students in the class and more one on one time between the teachers and the students. I feel that Our Lady of Hungary is the hidden diamond in South Bend and I for one am glad that I found it. I do think that parent participation could be better however that is up to the parents and can not be forced by the school or teachers.

Our Lady Of Hungary School
735 West Calvert Street, South Bend, IN  46613
Last modified Our Lady Of Hungary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Our Lady Of Hungary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.