Bad
Good

Love this school. My son gets all As and Bs. The teachers are amazing and my son loves them. I feel safe bring my child here. So happy I gave them a shot.

No curriculum, no text-books. The school uses Indiana Core Standards as a teaching guide and then pulls worksheets and activities off the internet.

Many do not understand this school. I have visited this school on a number of occasions and witnessed passionate teachers giving their all to students who have been otherwise rejected or misunderstood by other schools in our community. This school is different. They meet your child exactly where they are, even if that means 3 grade levels behind and a "problem" in the classroom. They develop strategic programs just for your child. This is the only school that I have seen around here that is willing to face those hard things that happen in education. I have seen it all here as I visited. The staff that work here must be called to work with this population because it is definitely a misunderstood population and not easy to face everyday. I know I couldn't do it. I commend the people there and based on the reviews here, I am right in my assumptions. People don't understand Xavier. If you are looking for a perfect school with perfectly settled children then no, this is not the school for you. But if you are looking for a place to get help and need to depend on a staff that will not give up on you child...ever...then you need to look into Xavier School of Excellece.

A wonderful school that balances parent involvement with great teachers.My daughter and son love going to school every morning, and I love seeing the smiles on their faces when I pick them up in the afternoon.

My daughter is special needs and I moved her to Xavier because public schools are cruel and ignorant about what special needs students & parents need and deserve. Ever since switching my daughter to Xavier I have had help and compassion from day one. They work with my daughter and I on what we would like and what works best for her. I know I can trust my daughter is safe and well taken care of at Xavier. I would NEVER go back to any public school again!

My Daughter has been going to this school for 3 years now next school year will be 4 years I pulled her out of the south bend school Corp and so happy I did she was failing so bad and now she is getting A. and B's I think the teachers are great and the special ED Teachers are amazing!

horrible. horrible. horrible. Unless you like your children attending a school with NO curriculum and NO real standard for teaching, then this is not the school for you. They want text book fees for NON-EXISTENT text books. My children's education has suffered greatly since re-enrolling them here and I cannot wait to get my kids out of this school! Parents have pulled their kids out left and right this year, teachers have up and quit without notice and there is no sense of structure at all.

There is nothing good about Xavier School. It is a pit for kids who have been kicked out of other schools and don't want to learn anything. Principal and staff are a joke and whoever sponsored this school should be fired. I would never let my kids come back there.

I visited this school and was going to enroll my child. When I saw what was going on in the hallways I declined after only a few minutes. This school was nothing but chaos!! The kids were running up and down and talking to the top of their lungs. There was no discipline from what I saw. I learned from other parents that the teachers are young, inexperienced and basically ignorant. The staff didn t know what they were doing and no one seemed to be able to figure out what those team leaders did. The principal was the poorest administrator I had ever seen, she acted as if she knew nothing and saw nothing. I would not recommend this school to any parent for a learning experience; the behavior and atmosphere alone did not seem a fit atmosphere for learning. I m glad I saw what I did before I enrolled my child.

Our daughter is in her second year at Xavier and we are very happy with the school so far. Our daughter started first grade reading at nearly a 3rd grade level and her math scores are also excellent. She's eager to learn and loves her classes. Last year, there were some communication issues with general school information getting home in a timely manner, but it has improved so far this year. (It's admittedly hard to tell if that was related to the teacher or the school distributing information at the last minute, in some cases such at Parent/Teacher conference times, that's obviously an issue of her teacher.) I've spoken with several parents (in fact, nearly every time I meet a parent) as well as the YMCA after school caregivers and all have said they are very happy. Overall, I hear that these kids are some of the best behaved kids in our community. Every school in our area is struggling, and while Xavier is a new school, I think it's settled into a successful rhythm and will continue to excel. Xavier is an excellent alternative to other schools in our area.

Last modified Xavier School Of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.