Posted March 06, 2013
AS a guad of SHS school system, I think the system is great. My children also graduated from SHS. Now my grendchildren attend Speedway Junior High and Speedway High. The teachers are great and the test scores pure that. The school system is why I moved back to Speedway, Indiana. I give 5 stars to the school system.

Speedway Senior High School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
As an alumnus of Speedway schools and a grandparent of a current student, I can unequivocally state that the quality of education received in the Speedway school system is at least equal to some of the most prestigous private schools in this area. As a public school the test scores rival those of areas of much higher socioeconomic levels. Comments regarding the emphasis on athletics probably have some basis, but that is a situation that will be found in any school system. Administratively, the school system is operating in a fiscally prudent manner. Funding is utilized for students, not unnecessary administrators and opulent buildings.

Posted June 16, 2009

Speedway Senior High School 1

Posted April 29, 2007

Posted December 07, 2005
Im a student and not a teacher and the academic level of the kids at this high school is amazing. They are full of knowledge and like to get in thier and get dirty with all that homework the teachers dish out. Its a good school with a bunch of stats that show its a good school. That Laura girl is not a representation of Speedway High School. I dont know what grade she is in, but as a Senior this year I know that she doesn't represent us. Our sports our amazing. Weve been very close to winning state in football the past 3 years and that is amazing in its own. The basketball team is representing itself all on its own with a state title in 2002. We are a great school and have awesome teachers. We have scores on our ISTEP and GQE that show that fact. Thanks.

Speedway Senior High School 4

Posted October 20, 2005
- a former student
Wow, as an alumna of Speedway High School I really hope the two student reviews on here don't represent the writing skills of all the students.

Speedway Senior High School 4

Posted September 26, 2005
Hey I'm a student at SHS. Thie school is good academically. BUt the school focuses on the athletic department a little to much. The school has little funding for music department. Their are very few field trips due to no bus system. The teachers are very unique. One thing that is a factor to me is the school's math department. Out of the 4 teachers employed there are only 2 very good ones.

Posted May 03, 2005
As the father of 3 boys that have gone K thru 12 and one current student, I can say we have an excellent school system. Test scores compare with private schools though out the state, graduation and college attendence well above state adverage. Sports programs very good, state titles baseball, basketball, and close football. Principals in JH and HS excellent. Grade schools super. Superintendent of schools has keep spending under control, property taxes low!!No busing to waste time and money. Get to know teachers on first name basis.

Posted November 10, 2004
hey look im a student not a parent but hey who best to give a review about SHS than me! the athletic progam is great specially volleyball and swimming! the kids...a whole mix! we have many different culturs in speedway. the attidudes way better than last year!

Speedway Senior High School
5357 West 25th Street, Speedway, IN  46224
Last modified Speedway Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Speedway Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.