Bad
Good

Lost Creek Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2014
This school has been great to our daughter, they safe feeling that she is being well cared for, and in a safe environment,, and the staff is so friendly and supportive..

Lost Creek Elementary School 5

Posted April 03, 2009
Lost Creek's teacher facilitate a positive learning environment for every student. My children have built self confidence and made many positive relationships with their teachers.

Posted September 20, 2006
This is my son's first year at Lost Creek. He is in 1st grade. So far we have been very happy. As for the security stated below, they recently installed 11 cameras throughout the school! All entrances/exits, playground and other areas in the school have cameras. I attended a PTO meeting and I was extremely shocked at the low turn out. There are around 620 students but only 15 people showed up for the meeting and 1/2 of the 15 were the PTO executive board members. Parents need to wake up and take an active roll with their children's school and academics!

Posted May 31, 2006
Both of my children attend Lost Creek. I have noticed an improvement in their intelligence. One asked me how to spell a word and before I could answer, the other told her! Contrary to what another review said, Lost Creek encourages and needs more parental involvement. It is the parents that dont seem to get involved. For your kids sake, get involved, please! The teachers are first rate and do not stress the kids out. They are great role models.

Posted November 11, 2005
My daughter just started Kindergarten this year and so far the programs are acceptable. My wife is involved as a room mother and reports that the students receive good attention from the teacher and my daughter's progress has been quite good. The only thing I am not very happy with is the security is a bit lax. Although visitors do sign in as soon as they enter the building the office staff often does not pay attention nor questions who is signing visiting.

Lost Creek Elementary School

Posted April 10, 2005
I have a niece that attends this school, she is a second grader and I am very disappointed in the teachers at Lost Creek. They seem to be only interested in those kids that come from families with money and some kind of community pull. This has been my impression for the past few years. I have had other family members attend the school as well. If it were up to me, we would take my niece out of Lost Creek and enroll her at Riley Elementary or St Patricks where I feel she would receive a better quality of teachers and education.

Lost Creek Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2004
I currently have a daughter in the 5th grade at Lost Creek. She has attended K-5th there. I was amazed that the school does not want parental involvement. My oldest daughter attended another elementary in the same district. They encouraged parents to be active in everything. Lost creek will tell you they don't need parents help. I would think they would want as much help with activities and such and be glad that it is offered.

Lost Creek Elementary School
6701 Wabash Avenue, Terre Haute, IN  47803
Last modified Lost Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.