Bad
Good

My son was bullied by a few teachers at this school. My son is a great kid. Has no behavioral issues at all. He is a little slow in some subjects and needed some help last year. After contacting the school several times to try to get help for him, the teachers and office staff treated us like we were just a bother to them. I asked one of his teachers about how my son was doing in her class, all she wanted to talk about was how he forgot his book (only happened 1 time) and wanted to give him a detention for it. I contacted their office 3 times to try to get my son testing to see if he needed to be placed in LD classes and they said that they would monitor his progress and would give him the testing if needed. Our phone calls were never returned, my son was never given any testing and he failed 2 classes last year. If you have a child with special needs, this is definitely not the school for your child. They will be left behind for sure! The teachers need to have more respect towards their students.

As a mom of a special needs child, I have to agree as well. The school is sorely lacking any resources for all students and are too lazy to fund raise for special education or even the so called "normal" students. The kids spend their days pacing the special ed room like inmates, it is sad and breaks my heart that my child goes there. He has also come home with "mysterious" injuries on more than one occasion and we never get an answer as to what, why, when or where. My child can't talk. Luckily the kids in our neighborhood can and tell me what they see during the day. If Dr. Bennett is cleaning house up in Indy, he should do it at Otter Creek as well. Also, covered bridge is a big joke and just more red tape you have to wade through to get what your child deserves education wise. It is disgusting and disgraceful. Send your child anywhere else if you can.

I must agree with the review, especially about special needs students. Nobody wants to help the student, their concern is to manage their day so they are not a problem. Some of the biggest bullies in the school are a few of the teachers.

My son is in 7th grade at Otter Creek and I, myself, attended OC. I find the teachers to be some of the best that I have come in contact with. They have a dedication to their students that is exemplary. Some of the teachers that my son has now were at OC when I attended there some 20+ years ago. You just don't find that kind of dedication at very many schools. Any time that I have any sort of issue, they are always quick to respond and, by working together, we are able to get it worked out. It was a great school 20 years ago and I still would place it among the best in the area.

Last modified Otter Creek Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.