Adelaide De Vaney Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2012
As a former student of this school, that is now attending college, I have great memories of DeVaney and terrible memories of DeVaney. The great things I remember about DeVaney Elementary is that they have always been very involved with the students; From talent shows, to science fairs, and the much anticipated annual field day. Many of the teachers were very warm and kind. They also taught with great effort. The downside to DeVaney is that some of the staff are not so lovely as it may appear. Some were very rude to those of differing religious backgrounds. I can say that being surrounded with people of that nature has made me a stronger person though. When I do have kids, I might send them to DeVaney; but I will definitely want to know the staff first.

Adelaide De Vaney Elementary School 5

Posted April 09, 2012
love this school my little girl is on a pass to go here and she loves it from the principal to the daytime jantior they r all great and of course the parents they are so involvled in everything lots of ativies here love it and thank you to all the teachers and staff

Adelaide De Vaney Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2008
WOW, I can't believe there aren't more parents on here to give their feedback. Could it be because they are too busy having fun at all the events and fun learning opportunities there are at Devaney? I hope so. My daughter last year came to Devaney half-way thru the year. She thrived with her new school and town. Her teachers last year and this year are just wonderful, caring, kind people. She cracked the code for reading and in no time, she has flown to chapter books. My husband and I are just amazed at her progress and know for sure that her school played a large part in that.

Adelaide De Vaney Elementary School 5

Posted June 01, 2005
DeVaney Elementary is a four star school where my kids feel at home. Last year my first grade son and my third grade daughter began school at DeVaney. They had excellent, loving teachers, and friends were easy to make. This year my youngest daughter went to full day kindergarten at DeVaney. The children put on fabulous plays, went on many field trips, and used computers. The teachers created a memory DVD of the year s adventures. My son s second grade teacher took monthly fieldtrips and sent home weekly newsletters. My fourth grade daughter s teacher was wonderfully warm and kind. There is a diverse population of students at DeVaney that creates additional enrichment opportunities such as full day kindergarten and Reading Recovery. ISU and St. Mary s students flock to this school to teach foreign language, math, and science. After school clubs, classes, and childcare are available. DeVaney is an excellent school.

Adelaide De Vaney Elementary School
1011 South Brown Avenue, Terre Haute, IN  47803
Last modified Adelaide De Vaney Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Adelaide De Vaney Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.