Bad
Good

Posted April 02, 2014
We love Tipton schools. Everyone is great. Love that they offer the ALPhA classes starting in 3rd grade to challenge those who could benefit from it. They try to nvolve parents as much as they possible can. I definitely wouldn't even consider moving my kids to another school.

Tipton Elementary School 3

Posted January 05, 2011
Our family has recently moved to the Tipton School district. We have one child in the second grade. We chose this school because it seemed to be the most similar to the school we moved away from. Unfortunately we were mistaken. Although our son is doing fine socially, the instruction he is receiving is poor. The teacher is not very accomadating and seems as though you are bothering her if she is contacted. She has also made our child feel poorly about himself more than once. We have also had concerns about the amount of homework the kids are receiving. Many nights it takes 2 hours to complete. We know homework is a part of school, but these kids are 7 and 8 years old. We have also had to re-teach some concepts to him as he did not understand it when taught in class, and he is an all A student! There are positives about the school and we believe we will stay, but let's hope for a better 3rd grade year!

Posted April 25, 2010
Tipton is a nice, quiet town full of good people.

Posted December 13, 2009
I also have to disagree with the parent who doesn't like Tipton Schools. I have had 5 children, all of whom were educated for the most part --and still are in Tipton. Two that have graduated, another who is a junior, another who is in the middle school and a first grader. I've also home schooled for 2 years for a step daughter. Overall, my opinion is that I prefer home schooling, but with the economy in the shape it's in I have to work full time to keep a roof over our heads. However, since I can't, I'm comfortable sending my kids to Tipton. We've lived in Florida, Texas and Louisiana, and I've seen my share of schools. I'm grateful that Tipton School Corp is here. Out of all the places we've lived, it's the finest of them all.

Tipton Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2006
I will have to strongly disagree with the mom having negative comments. My daughter has had an excellent education at Tipton Elementary and I have nothing but respect and admiration for these teachers having responsibility for the students in their classrooms. The teachers do care about their students and there are policies and procedures they follow. So far, my daughter has had the most caring teachers anyone could have asked for. She just completed 3rd grade and her teacher Mrs. Conaway, not only taught her to accept responsibility for her own actions, but also improved her self esteem! Her K-2 teachers were equally appreciated! Thank you Tipton Elementary Teachers for all the hard work you do!

Tipton Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2006
I'm sorry that last mom had problems with Tipton... I love Tipton =) The teachers have been great =) Hoover, Dane, and Hartley so far =) But I also work very close with the teachers and my daughters performance, this helps you and the teachers =) Angela Reynolds

Tipton Elementary School 2

Posted February 10, 2006
The teachers and faculty in this school are strictly here for the pay check. They send children outside for recess in under freezing temperatures, after the parent has specifically left a voice mail and wrote a note that her child had been sick. The child was told that the note meant nothing, and was sent outsdie. Academically, if the child is bright and can catch it on his own, then he does fine, otherwise he is lost. Tipton elem. And middle have got to be the worse schools i have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I am not just an angry mom. I am a mom that cares. This school does not: i hope this helps anyone that might be thinking of putting your children in this school.

Posted September 18, 2005
Acadimic quality is ok but some students decide to stop doing homework because they still pass. Availability of pioneer classes and sports out of school are high. Parent involvement is very low. My mom doesn'ty even ask me how i'm doing in school til report cards.

Tipton Elementary School
1099 South Main Street, Tipton, IN  46072
Last modified Tipton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.