Washington Twp Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
Apparently bad reviews are not allowed, so I will try again. People should be allowed to make an informed decision. My daughter went to Washington from kindergarten through 7th grade. The middle school was amazing. Most of the teachers at the elementary school were amazing also, however I felt like the certain staff were only concerned with people who were higher class, so if you live in a sprawling farm house you will probably be okay. My daughter however was put on a school bus extremely ill, both times she told a teacher she was sick, and since it was more towards the end of the day, nobody wanted to be bothered, so she was put on the bus puking the first time, and put on the bus with 104 fever and abdominal pain the second time. I don't know why my review never makes it on here, but I have a right to tell my experience good or bad.

Posted April 05, 2014
My son is in first grade at this school andhe absolutely lives it, as do I. His teacher, Mrs. Peterson is amazing and really connects with her students. My son is pretty active and antsy (as I'm sure most 7 year olds are) but she has so much patience and understanding. He has learned so much this school year. They are also very focused on parental involvement and showing how we can enhance our child's learning at home as well. There are many family nights ay the school which is great to get that sense of community and gives us all opportunities to bond with our children as well as other parents. I highly recommend this school!!

Posted June 15, 2011
We moved from private school in other town to this school. My two children loved their new school as soon as they entered. The principal is very involved and takes everything very seriously.

Posted April 27, 2009

Posted October 14, 2008

Posted June 21, 2007
The teachers and staff are the most caring people I have ever met. I have two boys attending and the attention they receive is amazing!

Posted September 06, 2006
I have a middle school child as well as a 1st grader! My oldest has attended WTES since he was in 1st grade! My husband as well as myself have both attended WTS up until we graduated! This school cares about their students! You aren't just a face in the crowd or a number in a book. The teachers are awesome! They do so much for the kids. Sports programs should have better organization. But academically they are set. My son was having some trouble in Kindergarten w/ identifying some letters, he was enrolled into a class they call STAR, it didn't take away from any learing in the classroom and he LOVED it, and he had those letters memorized within a month! This community is great! Glad I came back here w/ my kids because I know the school & have 1st hand experience w/ some of the staff!

Washington Twp Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2006

Washington Twp Elementary School 4

Posted May 17, 2006
We have lived in Washington Township for 11 years. We have one child who has attended since Kindergarden. We find the teachers to be wonderful; very caring and devoted to the students. There are some issues concerning structure within the elementary that need to be addressed in addition to the increasing number of students. Overall, WTES is a very good school.

Posted September 21, 2003
I have three children attending Washington Township school and think it is a very good school. My oldest is in middle school which so far I have no complaints. Elementary has classes for children who need extra help in reading or if they have learning deficiets. This is our third year at Washington Township and I really like it. We moved from Chicago two years ago and found this school to be better.

Washington Twp Elementary School
383 State Road 2, Valparaiso, IN  46383
Last modified Washington Twp Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Twp Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.