Valparaiso, IN

Posted March 22, 2015
This is an AMAZING hidden jewel. Our school (proud to say our) is viewed as a family. Two of my three children are currently attending this safe haven for learning. David Lessege, leads and outstanding team of motivated teacher's all willing to go that extra mile for each individual child. This team of educators truly has succeeded in turning school, into an extention of home and family. For students and parents a like. My only problem is one of my kid's is in 5th grade and will be moving on without all these wonderful mentors at his side. I wish they could learn in this type of environment until we are ready to send them off to universit or whatever chosen dream they chase after high school. Thank you so much, In my humble opinion, you are what every school should be, FAMILY.

South Haven Elementary School 3

Posted May 23, 2013
the teachers are wonderful, for the ones I have had the pleasure of experiencing for the past 3 years. One is no longer there however. The PTO is quite the joke. They do so many fundraisers, where exactly does the money go? There are 5-6 fundraisers a year (AT LEAST!) My child tested 3 years ahead in math and a yr ahead in english and yet when tested for the high abilities classes, was denied. (Way to hold back their potential). Also, when tested for KDG (when half day was an option) they said my child needed all day KDG. My child has only earned 2 B's in all the time there. Looking in to different school for the next year.. I'm tired of the games being played.

Posted January 30, 2012
Love the school and all the activites that the school offers for the students. Great teachers and principals too!

South Haven Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2011
School needs an overhall. A few of the teachers/teach asst. should retire. One teacher "retired" yet still teaches. Just a J.O.B. to her & doesn't even seem to like kids. The principal is complacent. It's too bad because there are a few excellent teachers but you get the luck of the draw. Parents need to get involved!!!

Posted October 08, 2008
I am very proud to say my son goes to this school. The principal and facilty has set the standards very high. They believe in these kids because they keep getting smarter each year they are there.

Posted April 11, 2008
Excellent school. Very invovled principal and teachers who seeks the best for their students. Also, the PTO does everything they can to create rewarding experiences for the students and parents.

South Haven Elementary School
395 Midway Drive, Valparaiso, IN  46385
Last modified South Haven Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Haven Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top