Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teacher Miss Pluskota was amazing, nit impressed with anything else. If it weren't for her I would have nothing positive to say.

Staff is cold and unsympathetic to families experiencing hard times. Not one single person reached out to help except to reprimand.

My child's teacher, Stacie Pluskota, could not be a better teacher. She is wonderful. She's kind and attentive, but also firm and very organized. I go in once a week and help Ms. Pluskota with computer lab for 30 minutes. Some teachers like to utilize parent helpers, others do not. From what I understand, it's up to their discretion. The school seems to run well, safe, and my kid is learning and enjoying school. What more can a parent wish for?

My family loves Flint Lake Elementary! We have attended for four years now, and both of my children have had an exceptional experience. Great teacher to student ratio. There are plenty of aides that help with individual or group work. The teachers are fantastic!! The principal is friendly, informative, and approachable. He does fun stuff for the kids and creates a fun learning environment. I feel that the school is safe, and that it is truly a Flint Lake "family". I would highly recommend this school for familys in the Valpo area.

Great school and teachers! Principal is a douche, I think perhaps he's on a power trip. Not helpful at all. Other then him nice school. Low teacher student ratio. Individual help if needed. Nice place for your child to get an education.

Flint lake elementary used to be good when we had Mrs. Swanson as a principal, but since the new principal Dr. McCall has replaced her last year (2011), the school is longer safe for the children nor good as used to be. Our youngest child's experience at Flint Lake's was very sad and disappointing. We found that the Principal is very difficult to get along with, insensitive and rude. You learn very quickly not to question or query for there is price to be paid, generally by your child. We've never experienced such disregard for safety of the children. We would never suggest a student go to this school until the current principal is removed. We have heard of so much bulling between elementary students due to lack of supervision of the staffs, and the principal seems to not care about it. Also the classes are far too large, the lack of individualized attention is very disappointing. This school is horrible and students suffer.

Great school!!!! The teachers are very creative and caring. My children love this school and so do I.

Fantastic school! Great teachers and low student/teacher ratio. Long time principal and low turn over rate with the teachers. My children thrive in this environment.

Flint Lake is a great school for the most part. I have to say that there is a lot of favortism towards children of parents that have the time and money to volunteer. This makes the whole great academics and beautiful school not seem so great anymore.

Last modified Flint Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.