Bad
Good

Klondike Elementary is a great school, but it has its flaws. The staff who is there to help students during lunch treats the students absolutely horribly and clearly hate their job. The principal, Mr. Peters, is really good and is constantly improving the school. All classes have a 'special' every day, which lasts about half an hour. These include music, library, gym, etc. The staff for all of these are great, but the computer lab special isn't very good. Of course, a student's experience will mainly depend on their main teacher. Unfortunately, the Middle School which students attend after 5th grade isn't anywhere near as good as KES.

I feel very proud to have such a diverse, loving, child focused school in my community. KES has provided a safe, nurturing environment where my kids have thrived both academically and personally. Way to go Klondike teachers, staff and administrators for making a difference for our children!

Mr. Peters is Awesome! My main concern at Klondike is my daughter, who was made to play outside at lunch recess in December with NO COAT, she had forgotten her coat and was not aloud get it. The new assistant principal is not that nice, certain kids get told to stop running while she lets others run. Same goes with parent parking. I parked in a spot where the yellow was covered with snow so I didn't see it, she walked over and had me to move which made us late for school, then after the weekend I noticed someone else parked there so when I pointed it out, her exact words were " well they are still in their vehicle" yeah well so was I but she made me move. Just this morning we had another incident with parking, I was running a little behind, all the buses had left and the car line at the drop off lane was winding down, I parked in a handicap spot so I could walk my daughter to class quickly and she thought she had to inform me where I was parked and that she didn't like it but yet there was also another car parked in a handicap spot without plates or placard she said nothing to. The point being : unless you drive a new vehicle or are Hispanic, expect her to pick on you.

My daughter attends Klondike Elementary and is a third grader in a high ability classroom. She is also served by the resource room since she has a PDD-NOS diagnosis. She started out in half day kindergarten with speech and occupational therapy support both in and out of the classroom, and is now thriving with minimal to no intervention. Every teacher she has had at this school has been top notch. All have been understanding, more than willing to discuss any issues even on their own time, and focused on a high level of learning for the students. I have volunteered in the classroom many times and have seen the high quality of instruction first hand. The administrators and staff have also always been a pleasure to work with. The class sizes are relatively large but my daughter feels that she has always been able to get help when needed. This school currently has an A grade from the Indiana State Board of Education's A-F grading system.

My kid and my own experience with this school has been really bad. We quit after two months. Bullying is one big issue. The school is only interested in protecting itself from liability. I notice one other parent mentioned it too.

Klondike is a very good school. they have terrific teachers, and they have a caring attitude

Wow. Excellent teachers, with very involved principal and assistant principal. Our kids (grades K, 2, and 5) are thriving here. After attending a top rated school in another state, I was very concerned about a high quality education for our children. We interviewed administrators and teachers in this district, as well as West Lafayette and LSC. Klondike was our pick, and we have been extremely pleased! Teachers are involved and caring. Our kids enjoy learning and are thriving here. (1 in high ability classes, another is in extra help classes). Great school with students from all over the world!

Klondike Elementary is an exceptional school. There is a very diverse student body, with many Purdue University employee's children in attendance, and graduate student's kids from many countries. I've volunteered at the school for a number of years and can attest to the caring, involved staff that make KES such a strong , supportive learning environment. Whether your child is accelerated or special needs, KES has established excellent programs to meet the needs of all abilities. I do wish that class sizes were smaller, my daughter is in a class of 25. Note: I am the parent of a child who is an accelerated learner, and I am also the parent of a child who is autistic, both attend KES and I am highly satisfied with their education and the school environment.

I love Klondike Elementary for my kids. Some schools care more about ISTEP results and less about the overall health of your child. Kids with special needs sometimes fall by the wayside at schools where ISTEP testing is the most important thing. Not at Klondike. They have a great program for kids with special needs, and my daughter is thriving there. They also have an excellent program for gifted children. For those interested in diversity, Klondike truly is a melting pot. There are children from 54 different nations who attend Klondike. What I love the most, though, is the fact that the staff makes it a point to learn the names of every student in the school. There are nearly 1,000 kids in the school!

Klondike Elementry is the best school I or my children have ever attended. The teachers , principal and vice principal are unbeatable. The office and medical staff are fantastic. There is no better school .

Last modified Klondike Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.