Klondike Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2014
My kid and my own experience with this school has been really bad. We quit after two months. Bullying is one big issue. The school is only interested in protecting itself from liability. I notice one other parent mentioned it too.

Posted March 30, 2014
Wow. Excellent teachers, with very involved principal and assistant principal. Our kids (grades K, 2, and 5) are thriving here. After attending a top rated school in another state, I was very concerned about a high quality education for our children. We interviewed administrators and teachers in this district, as well as West Lafayette and LSC. Klondike was our pick, and we have been extremely pleased! Teachers are involved and caring. Our kids enjoy learning and are thriving here. (1 in high ability classes, another is in extra help classes). Great school with students from all over the world!

Posted March 18, 2014
Klondike Elementary is an exceptional school. There is a very diverse student body, with many Purdue University employee's children in attendance, and graduate student's kids from many countries. I've volunteered at the school for a number of years and can attest to the caring, involved staff that make KES such a strong , supportive learning environment. Whether your child is accelerated or special needs, KES has established excellent programs to meet the needs of all abilities. I do wish that class sizes were smaller, my daughter is in a class of 25. Note: I am the parent of a child who is an accelerated learner, and I am also the parent of a child who is autistic, both attend KES and I am highly satisfied with their education and the school environment.

Posted March 15, 2014
I love Klondike Elementary for my kids. Some schools care more about ISTEP results and less about the overall health of your child. Kids with special needs sometimes fall by the wayside at schools where ISTEP testing is the most important thing. Not at Klondike. They have a great program for kids with special needs, and my daughter is thriving there. They also have an excellent program for gifted children. For those interested in diversity, Klondike truly is a melting pot. There are children from 54 different nations who attend Klondike. What I love the most, though, is the fact that the staff makes it a point to learn the names of every student in the school. There are nearly 1,000 kids in the school!

Posted September 26, 2013
Klondike Elementry is the best school I or my children have ever attended. The teachers , principal and vice principal are unbeatable. The office and medical staff are fantastic. There is no better school .

Posted August 17, 2013
KES provided an amazing foundation for me. The forward momentum that I gained from my years here took years to be undone by the awful middle school. I am surprised to see KES with a GreatSchools rating of 4/10 at the time of this review. I know the teachers I had no longer work at KES, but when I was there it wasn't just that I had excellent teachers, but also an excellent environment and opportunities for learning such as the EXCEL program.

Posted June 10, 2012
My daughter has attended Klondike for the last three years and I am happy overall with the school. Parents are very involved and the teachers do a great job of teaching. With Purdue Univ nearby, there is a lot of diversity in each classroom and my daughter has friends there from all over the world. The PTO sponsors many fun activities for the kids as well. My only wish is that class sizes could be reduced a little but I'm quite happy with the school and teachers.

Posted November 17, 2011
I too, have a "non-traditional" child. While his teacher this year has been excellent, we had numerous issues with his teacher last year, including an issue with bullying, that was never fully resolved. This school is more concerned with protecting itself from liability than being an advocate for parents and students.

Posted February 16, 2011
I first of all feel some more current reviews would be helpful. I have been very unhappy with my son's teacher this year and find her tone with me to be as if I am one of her 3rd grade students. Her teaching style is rigid and not very flexible to students who may not learn in a traditional way. I have tried to resolve the issues but sadly to no avail. Overall displeased with the schools way of handling my concerns and have even caught the school secretaries mocking children when they didn't know I was in the office. Disappointed.

Posted May 06, 2009
We have 2 children at this school and have become very familiar with all the staff. There are opportunities for parents and even grandparents to become involved. We are excited to be going to the next level at the middle school next year with our first daughter. We feel that Klondike Elementary has given both our daughters that have different learning styles, the solid background and curiosity to continue learning.

Contact Information

3311 Klondike Road
West Lafayette, IN 47906

School website

Klondike Elementary School
3311 Klondike Road, West Lafayette, IN  47906
Last modified Klondike Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Klondike Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.