Bad
Good

I absolutely love this school! The staff really works with the parents to ensure student success. I have never been happier with a school corporation.

My child feels safe here, but academics can be improved. Communication with parents is lacking; rarely send home notices anymore to save paper. Could send out timely mass emails to all. The counselors forget they are there to assist students. Not very available before and after school. While kids wait for them missing class time, counselors gab with other staff or on personal calls and have no problem sneaking out back door. New counselors are even more aloof. Lacking in college guidance. Do not take SAT/ACT here; given in auditorium on lap boards rather than individual classrooms with real desks to work on. Class offerings seem less than nearby schools. Like any school, the quality of teachers is mixed. Too many teachers/counselors arrive at school moments before bell and leave with busses. Math department head is a fine example others should follow. Band teachers work well with the kids. Overall, wish the teachers would do more teaching and actually grade on what they teach.

HHS is an excellent school. We moved here from southern Indiana and I immediately noticed the high quality of teachers and schools in TSC compared to where we had lived. I know many families who have moved away and found out how good they had it at HHS . Two of my boys have graduated from Harrison and they said the school prepared them well for Purdue. Most of the teachers have enthusiasm and are cream of the crop. Parent participation is high in this school and I believe that is the final factor whether or not a child will succeed in life.

I'm a parent of a student at Harrison. She is a senior. It has been a pretty good four for exception that my daughter got pregant in her junior year. The school work with to help us or my daughter to get through these past two years. It has not been without problems but I feel that they have done their best ot help her and us to get through this very trying time. She will graduate this May and I'm thankful for the teachers and all the other people that have helped her. I have to say in all most of the teaching staff were helpful, there were a few teacher that gave her a hard time and was not undrstanding any way shape or form. I very please most of the staff and my youngest daughter is going to start there next year too.

Sports are priority, even in spending (see all the new locker rooms for each sport?) There is next to no regulation on how a teacher runs their classroom. I have been in a class where all information was given through a workbook, computer program, and movies for 'cultural exposure' and a teacher who if he felt we werent working hard enough read pages of the textbook to us verbatim and otherwise sat at his computer ignoring the class. Cafeteria food is rarely healthy and unreasonably priced, even for pb&j sandwiches the price is now $1.50 because instead of making them, they have packaged Uncrustables available. The dozen or so exceptional teachers are nearly all in honors or the band room. So if you're an all-sport, all-honors student who likes music, you're likely to get preferential treatment and a schedule full of decent and even some good teachers, tough luck otherwise.

The school meets the needs of all levels of learners and provides courses and extracurricular activities for a wide variety of subjects.

This school is an intellectual facility that is a highly recommended learning place.

I am really satisfied with Harrison High School.My daughter had a serious issue with another girl that was threatening her at school and threatened to come to where she lives and beat her up. It went as far as this girl writing my daughter a letter with threats and curse words in it and my fiance went up to the school and talked to the principal and the principal talked to my daughter and the other girl and the other girl has not bothered my daughter anymore.So I am very pleased with Harrison High School.

Last modified William Henry Harrison High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.