Bad
Good

Posted March 13, 2013
The Carey Ridge Elementary is above an avarage, it is excellent! From principal to lunch staff, everyone knows each child by almost their names. After searching some private schools for my daughter, who is now 18 and about to graduate from Westfield High School, I decided to stick with Carey Ridge, because it met all my private school exceptations. I always remember, one morning my daugher missed the bus, and she was strained at the house with an aunt visiting from overseas with no car. The principal Mrs. Hobson, jumped her car and picked up my daughter, so she won't miss the field trip that morning. How many principals would do that??? I had a phone call from school cafetaria staff when my son, who is a 4rd grader, forgot his lunch, and informing me what they served him instead. They might not have violin classes, but they have a very talented music teacher who puts together fun choirs and shows like musical every year. I can go on and on about this school, because I have two kids attended Carey Ridge and all my experiences with staff and teachers are excellent. I couldn't ask a better school than this. One last note, parents' involvement is huge and admirable.

Posted February 15, 2012
My daughter went here for K, and most of 1st before we moved to California. After living in California for almost exactly 2 years we are moving back shortly before the end of 3rd grade and when we selected our home to return we choose based on going back to Carey Ridge because the experience there was so positive.

Posted August 11, 2011
I moved out of another school district so my children could go to Westfield Washington Schools. My girls ended up going to Carey Ridge. It is an amazing school. You can tell how much the staff and teachers love the children! They get so excited about the activities at school. Both of my children has Mrs Hoard for Kindergarten. She was a God send! Every teacher I have had since then are great as well. I brag about CRES to all my friends. I am extremely glad that I chose Carey Ridge!

Carey Ridge Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2011
.This school is has excellent administration staff and teachers. The teachers all seem to really care about the students and their success. The adminstration is very committed to the schools success as well and listens to parent feedback, adjusting where needed in response to concerns. Overall, we love this school. However, to fit in here socially you have to be one of 3 things - 1. originally born and raised here, 2. live in the affluent neighborhoods 3. not a working mom. If you aren't one of those 3 things you might as well forget it. Its a very unforgiving crowd and they don't take kindly to new people. . not the kids, the parents. The school is incredible but the parents could sure stand to learn a few lessons from the school regarding how to treat people.

Posted March 21, 2011
Unlike other major school systems in Hamilton and Marion Counties this school and school system, does not have an advanced academic program for its exceptional learners until 4th grade!!! The other area school systems start advanced academics for gifted children in Kindergarten. The school also falls behind other schools in Hamilton and Marion County, in that it does not teach foreign language or orchestra at the elementary level. Because of these short comings, we send our daughter to IPS. There she receives specialized above grade level instruction daily, Spanish daily, violin weekly, and advanced art weekly. Given the amount of money and extra funding that Westfield Schools receives from the State and tax referendum, I do not understand why, or how, this school system is so behind other schools in the area?

Carey Ridge Elementary School

Posted September 08, 2009
I think this school is really good for my son. He just started and seems to really enjoy his teachers and classmates.

Posted April 19, 2007
Carey Ridge Elementary just won the Blue Ribbon of Excellent Award, the principal, counselor and at least two teachers have been awarded state and/or national recognition for their efforts. The leveled reading in first grade benefits all levels of readers. School administrators and teachers are restricted by the No Child Left Behind Act in regards to curriculum, but where there is room for excellence, Carey Ridge strives to excel.

Posted April 10, 2007
The school is attractive but that is where it ends. The principal didn't seem interested in having a demanding curriculum. A shame.

Posted October 26, 2006

Posted August 08, 2005
This school is wonderful the teachers all give 110% to every child. my daughter has come along way and I give hats off to all the staff down to the lunch ladies. Keep up the great work!!

Carey Ridge Elementary School
16231 Carey Road, Westfield, IN  46074
Last modified Carey Ridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.