Washington Woods Elementary School

Public | K-4 | 415 students

Sweep tile

Posted April 2, 2014

This school is terrific. I applied for a non resident application so that my grandchildren could attend this school. The teachers and staff are friendly and informative. They keep you up to date on everything going on with your kids. They are on top of everything new and innovative that will help the children learn and RETAIN. This entire school system is a shining star among schools in Indiana. The rest of the state should follow their example.

Posted September 27, 2013

Washington Woods is excellent. I have had all three of my kids attend this school and I give this school nothing but the highest in ratings. The remark about the test scores is totally inaccurate. The ISTEP scores for 2013 so far are that 95% of the 4th graders passed the Mathmatics portion and 91% of the 4th grades passed in Language Arts. On the NWEA testing in 2011-2012 90% of our students reached their growth targets. On the IREAD3 testing for 2012 in General Education 100% of our students passed. Kudos to DR. Williams and all of his staff for developing a great team and wonderful environment for my children to learn and to grow into successful young adults!

Posted September 26, 2013

I love this school. I've already but 1 child through there...now I have a 3rd grader

Posted September 26, 2013

My daughter loves everyone at Washington Woods, the staff is fantastic and the building is great. Dr. Williams is a fantastic principal and the students adore him.

Posted March 18, 2012

The office adminstrative staff is very unfriendly And unprofessional . I removed my child mid year .. Nice area, horrible school!

Posted February 10, 2012

This is a GREAT school - We have had our kids at WWES for 3 years and they are learning wonderfully. The teachers have all been fantastic and the other staff that we have encountered have all been A+. We tranfered in from a private school and have been nothing pleased. Much better learning experience than the private school. WWES Keep Up the Good work :-)

Posted January 3, 2011

Our family has moved many times so my boys and I are well versed in the cultures of other school districts. I can honestly recommend this school. I love the cirruculum and the attention my boys receive. The class sizes are just right, and the teachers are very attentive. I am shocked that anyone would negatively rate this school. My boys love it and don't ever want to move again.

Posted January 1, 2011

my 1st grader loves his teacher & his school. as a parent, the anti bullying program is both reassuring and refreshing. my son gets individual attention and each child learns at their own pace. we love washington woods and proudly give this school two thumbs up1

Posted December 1, 2010

I moved my child out of Washington Woods.I visited Shamrock, Maple Glen, Oak Trace and the staff of these schools are professional, welcoming, and kind. In Washington Woods, my family only experienced unkindness and unprofessionalism. I am glad that we are out of this school for good.

Posted August 17, 2010

WWES is a wonderful school. Totally focused on the needs of children. We had 3 kids go through this school. The staff is awesome, they love what they do and it shows! I have NEVER had a bad experience, In the 12 years we have been at WWES. Dr. Williams is the best!

Posted October 6, 2009

Terrible experience overall. Not recommended.

Posted September 16, 2009

Washington Woods focuses on the complete child, and not just academics. They make sure that a child is happy and well rounded. They also focus on the family. The principal is a wonderful man, and makes sure that he is accessible to every parent and every child everyday.

Posted September 4, 2009

Nothing but positive experiences. My children are doing very well here. I'm suprised by some of the negative comments. I've found the administration and teachers to be very easy to work with and very accomodating. Furthermore - my kids are progressing ahead of grade level. Excellent school.

Posted July 17, 2009

My child had terrible time in this school. IMO this school needs a big change from the top to the bottom. I took out my child from this place and send him where there are better teachers, better leadership and people that care and you can actually talk with. Parent

Posted June 1, 2009

I have never met such caring, thoughtful teachers in my life. My child adores her. Thank you.

Posted October 31, 2008

I would not send my child into this school. Ask around the other parents before you enroll your child in this environment. IMO this one is not good. I agree with previous post that parents are moving their children out of this school for better schools.

Posted October 4, 2008

This is the worst school that I've ever been in my entire life. It is one of the schools with the lowest test scores in Hamilton county and the migration is pretty high. I feel there is no a good leadership in this school. It is very cliquish and close minded environment. Some of the teachers I would never recommend to teach anybody. There are many better schools in Washington Westfield District. I would recommend Maple Glen or Oak Trace Elementary.

Posted August 9, 2008

I just love this school and the staff is great.

Posted August 27, 2003

This school, in my opinion, is the best there is. The teachers are so kind and eager to get to know you and your child and to help your child succeed in everything they do. We are now in a brand new school called Washington Woods, which is beautiful, and the way they have added 'houses' to the curriculum seems to be a great thing. This is where they have interaction between the grade levels. The older children get to be mentors to the younger ones, and they learn patience and a sense of community. I just cannot say enough good things about this school.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 85% in 2013.

78 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % passing

In 2012-2013 Indiana used the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus (ISTEP+) assessment to test students in grades 3 through 8 in English language arts and math, grades 4 and 6 in science, and in grades 5 and 7 in social studies. The ISTEP+ is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Indiana. The goal is for all students to score at the passing level on the test.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

Scale: % passing

Source: Indiana Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "A".

Indiana uses the A through F School Grading System to assess the overall performance of a school. For the 2011-2012 school year, schools were graded based on performance and participation levels in state standardized tests and student growth using the Indiana Growth Model. In addition, high schools were graded on four-year (on-time) graduation rates and college and career readiness indicators including Advanced Placment exam results and industry certification exam results.

Source: Indiana Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Above average

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Above average

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 ISTEP and End of Course Assessment results.

2 This rating is based on 2011-12 and 2012-13 Median Growth Percentiles in Math and English Language Arts

Multiracial 6% 4%

• Dr Scott Williams
Fax number
  • (317) 867-1501

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now