Westfield, IN
Students enrolled: 1,832

Westfield High School 1

Posted August 14, 2013
I am not impressed so far. We are incoming into the school system, and I had a feeling there would be major glitches the first day of classes and I was right. My daughter couldn't access the computer system. I tried to get them to make sure she could a few days before school started, got an attitude that I should mind my own business, and on day one she couldn't and no one gave her the required sign on information for homework access. I put lunch money in her account weeks ago, she was supposed to get a temp id card in first homeroom (per the principal at orientation day) to swipe to eat. you guessed it, she went hungry and got a huge headache. No forms to be found in the office for her to carry her inhaler and the nurse left early. No one in the office knew where to get the form. My daughter asked me what if she has an asthma attack the first day. I said I guess they will have to call the ambulance and hope you are ok or they will get sued for not giving parents access to their required form. They put off doing her schedule, now she is a soph in classes with alot of fresh. Terrible since they knew she was coming to the school as a new student since June. Not impressed at all.

Posted July 18, 2013
Westfield is not for everyone. It is right for me, and others similar. I have had anger issues, and problems getting along with others for a long time, but Westfield has always worked with my parents and me to help do what is right. Parents with kids who have developmental issues or social issues need not to fear sending their kids to Westfield. They will work with your child and can even make special allowances for you child. Kids I talk to like Westfield because they got rid of many cliques and power struggles on the student body, now it is a matter of what grades you keep and how you act, not who you are around that is judged. I love goin to Westfield.

Westfield High School 1

Posted May 02, 2013
Teaching and admin staff below par, at best. I am appalled at the quality of teaching, or lack there of, that my children are receiving at Westfield. A teacher on their I-phone everyday, all day...Watching you tube videos as the main source of instruction...Discussing religious views of the instructor that states,"it's the only view that is correct." I am so thankful that my children have had the opportunity to attend other schools across the nation where the main source of instruction is the teacher, a positive and encouraging role model. Unfortunately, at Westfield they are extremely rare.

Posted March 12, 2013
I graduated in 2010 and loved my time at Westfield! Highschool has ups and downs but we were provided with great opportunities. I'm currently a junior at Ball State University and I can happily say that Westfield adequately prepared me college. The teachers and other staff really care about the students. Not every kid is lucky enough to attend such a great school system.

Westfield High School 2

Posted March 28, 2011
I see all of these parents reviewing it. Well you may have gone through this school in what the 80's? I am a Jr. Here and have hated it all 3 years. The staff will take a problem such as throwing a piece of paper into the trash can from 5 feet away to a dean referral. And then when you get there they spent 4min talking to you and give you a harsh punishment. They do one instill respect, or values in you but hate, and fear. I would never recommend this school to anyone that wants a remotely good academic career, for a fact i am transferring my senior year to Options. Awful.

Westfield High School 2

Posted December 03, 2010
I am a current junior at this school and i have to say, the teachers are horrible. there are some good. but as a whole, the staff just dosent seem to care about the students. they only care about test scores and their image and standing as a wonderful school for academics. but other than that? my experiences here have been deplorable and will be attending North Central high school next year. i hate Westfield. its a cold, fake, stepford, carmel wanabe, of a place and i will not miss it.

Posted August 02, 2010
I'm disappointed to see that others find it unsatisfactory that their children don't have hours of homework to do every night. I think it's a good thing to be able to get homework done quickly and still be able to get good grades. I know lots of people who have graduated from this school and they are thriving in this world, some even graduating with a PhD. with a 4.0. I think it's an excellent school to prepare fro college. My kids love it too!

Posted November 18, 2009
I have two kids that attend this high school. We love it. Not too big, not too small. They really care about the students here.

Posted December 11, 2008

Westfield High School 3

Posted November 19, 2008

Westfield High School
18250 North Union Street, Westfield, IN  46074
Last modified Westfield High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westfield High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top