Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted March 12, 2016
Oak Trace is a fantastic school that provides an exceptional, positive learning environment. Those critical on this site must have had a bad apple teacher or wanted to be uncooperative with the process because we have had nothing but excellent experiences. Parental involvement is always welcome when appropriate. Communication has been exceptional with a great deal of technical investment made in systems to allow parents to review grades and communicate efficiently through advanced means. Mrs. Lynch remains the consummate professional administrator and maintains her school and staff with enthusiasm, pride, and unparalleled dedication. We have chosen not to move from the Oak Trace borders at least until our youngest finishes there.

Posted May 30, 2015
Both my kids went to this schools, one for 3&4 gr and the other 1-4 gr. Every teacher my kid's had were amazing. They worked with each individual child's needs and also partnered with us on things we could do at home to improve a specific subject. They offered extra help in the morning with either math or reading, if needed. Mrs Lynch, is by far, one of the most hands on principals I have ever seen. It's very clear she has build a great school with a cohesive teaching and nurturing culture. We are sad to leave Oak Trace next year.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 30, 2015
Some of our favorite teachers have been Jeni McAndrews, Stacia Denkmann and Brittany Hart and Tammy Warner.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 30, 2015
The Lifeskills that they instill in the children are discussed on a regular basis. Often, there is a skill of the week that they talk about. Some of the lifeskills are perseverance, courage, curiosity and integrity.

Oak Trace Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2012
School teaches only to the test and deals far too much with staff needs as opposed to the students.

Posted February 27, 2011
This is a fabulous school. I have three kids going to Oak Trace. The staff at this school is top notch, They all know my kids names even if they have not had them in their class before. My children enjoy going to school everyday. They are part of a school "family" and I feel that is important to their education. Thanks Mrs Lynch and staff!

Posted April 29, 2009
My grandson is in third grade at Oak Trace. As I enter the building on occasion, I always feel 'warm fuzzies' radiating through this school. It starts with the front office, Mrs. Lynch (the principal), and continues with the teaching staff. It is without a doubt a wonderful atmosphere for learning. My grandson is a lucky boy to have such a great beginning to his education. Thanks Mrs. Lynch for creating this warm welcoming atmosphere.

Posted April 14, 2009
Our third child is entering Oak Trace this fall. This school provides a wonderful learning environment and has a welcoming family atmosphere the minute you walk through the door. The teachers do an excellent job providing instruction to all learning levels needed in the classroom. There are many 'extra' learning opportunities for the children here that not every school provides (Kid Town, BizTown, various educational field trips, etc.). From the academics provided to the outreach given to our families in need, this school goes above and beyond what I've experienced in any other school that I've been involved with. We feel very fortunate that our children are able to attend this particular school.

Posted August 20, 2008
This school appears very nice and is well organized. The staff and teachers all seem to prejudge the children and do not offer them the opportunity to grow and advance at their own pace. Particularly the extended programs are problematic. Beware if your child is not perfect they may not fit in.

Posted April 01, 2006
My daughter is almost finished with Kindergarten at Oak Trace. She has shown vast improvement. She is enrolled in the Beyond Kindergarten Bell Program. I would highly recommend it. This is a beautiful school building with great teachers, great educational programs, and a very involved principal. My child loves her school and so do I.

16504 Oak Ridge Road, Westfield, IN  46074
Last modified Oak Trace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.