Oak Trace Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2012
School teaches only to the test and deals far too much with staff needs as opposed to the students.

Posted February 27, 2011
This is a fabulous school. I have three kids going to Oak Trace. The staff at this school is top notch, They all know my kids names even if they have not had them in their class before. My children enjoy going to school everyday. They are part of a school "family" and I feel that is important to their education. Thanks Mrs Lynch and staff!

Posted April 29, 2009
My grandson is in third grade at Oak Trace. As I enter the building on occasion, I always feel 'warm fuzzies' radiating through this school. It starts with the front office, Mrs. Lynch (the principal), and continues with the teaching staff. It is without a doubt a wonderful atmosphere for learning. My grandson is a lucky boy to have such a great beginning to his education. Thanks Mrs. Lynch for creating this warm welcoming atmosphere.

Oak Trace Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2009
Our third child is entering Oak Trace this fall. This school provides a wonderful learning environment and has a welcoming family atmosphere the minute you walk through the door. The teachers do an excellent job providing instruction to all learning levels needed in the classroom. There are many 'extra' learning opportunities for the children here that not every school provides (Kid Town, BizTown, various educational field trips, etc.). From the academics provided to the outreach given to our families in need, this school goes above and beyond what I've experienced in any other school that I've been involved with. We feel very fortunate that our children are able to attend this particular school.

Oak Trace Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2008
This school appears very nice and is well organized. The staff and teachers all seem to prejudge the children and do not offer them the opportunity to grow and advance at their own pace. Particularly the extended programs are problematic. Beware if your child is not perfect they may not fit in.

Posted April 01, 2006
My daughter is almost finished with Kindergarten at Oak Trace. She has shown vast improvement. She is enrolled in the Beyond Kindergarten Bell Program. I would highly recommend it. This is a beautiful school building with great teachers, great educational programs, and a very involved principal. My child loves her school and so do I.

Oak Trace Elementary School 3

Posted August 16, 2004
While this school strives for academic excellence they neglect the integral part of the parent in education. Communication and parental involvement is a recognized necessity for the growth and sucees of students. They say they strive for communication and parental involvement, but in fact they mindguard and are extremely defensive to any parental involvement that may mean opening themselves up to varying views. This holds them back from achieving the academic excellence their outstanding teachers are capable of producing.

Posted August 05, 2004
This school is very well run by the staff. They are very organized, and the principal is wonderful! She is very active with the school activities. The school activities are abundant(ice cream social at beginnning of year, movie nights for the kids, and a very active and well run PTO). My student will be going into 2nd grade here, and is looking forward to school again this year.

Posted February 23, 2004
This is a very good school. They emphazise making good choices and have very constructive ways to get the children to do so. I am very happy with this school and the activities they offer my children.

Posted August 25, 2003
My son is now in his 2nd year at Oak Trace. I was a little apprenhensive when he first started attending because we were coming from a private Christian school and I had heard horror stories about public school. Fortunately my mind was out to ease soon after he started. It is a wonderful school with awesome, caring teachers.

Oak Trace Elementary School
16504 Oakridge Road, Westfield, IN  46074
Last modified Oak Trace Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Trace Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top