Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I was against the voucher system until we sent my daughter here. If I could give negative stars I would. The curriculum is below state guidelines. The cafeteria serves bar food. Bosco sticks for an entree? 30 minutes of recess is ridiculous for 5-10 yr olds, no wonder we have childhood obesity problems. We were told by a teacher that handwriting isn't taught here because "everything will be done on computers soon anyway". If your child is at all above grade level they will receive no help and will actually be asked to help tutor other kids.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

A teacher made a 5 yr old hold it until he went in his pants, then made a joke about it to the rest of the class. If that's not bullying I don't know what is.

My son attended Pleasant Crossing for 5 years. We have had a very positive experience from the welcoming office staff to an involved principal in the children's day to day activities to the teachers being so warm and caring. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my sons early years of education.

I really liked this school for my child until recently. My son is having difficulty both academically and behaviorally/emotionally. The principal has had absolutely nothing to do with my son and prob does not even know who he is. Well, we are moving next week and its a different elem. in the same district mind you. This principal denied my request for my son to finish the school year there and we are in the middle of feb! I'm fuming considering my sons issues and the current situation. When I raised all the reasons for my concern, he does not care! I plan on fighting for my sons sake and I do not care either! It's just not right!

Love working at this school! Wonderful colleagues and administration. Teachers spend so much time developing instruction and reviewing data to better enhance instruction. I enjoy working with staff who recognize the time to have fun with students especially after "required" testing. Parents should always ask their child's teacher if they are concerned about what learning is taking place in the classroom.

Wonderful School! Staff and Administrators care so much about their Students. My 3 children all attended PCES and They all 3 had very Loving and caring teachers that strived to give my children nothing but a excellent academic education.

Wonderful teachers, horrible principal. If he would get out of the way and let his teachers work, this would be a 10-star school. He will continually stress the importance of regular attendance, at the same time telling you to keep your kids home if they have a fever. Early release Wednesdays for teacher 'in-service'? THoseteachers get out of that building so fast your head will spin. In the last 3 weeks of school, my student has seen 3 full feature length films: Finding Nemo, Wreck-it Ralph and Tangled. Sorry, it's soooo important they attend school so they can watch movies? Really? And then you expect parents and students to participate in a fund-raiser? Hoping the new superintendent will crack the whip, but that seems unlikely. Look folks, if the principal sends his kids to PRIVATE school, something is rotten in Denmark.

Nothing but good things can be said about this staff and the administration. I've had three children go thru PCES and have never had a bad experience. My children have been loved and cared for by their teachers and have received an excellent education.

My daughter has really excelled at Pleasant Crossing. She has made wonderful gains in reading. Her teachers have worked very hard to make sure that her individual needs have been met. She LOVES school! The teachers and staff have been nothing but great.

Great School! All staff and administration really care about the children. The school is clean and safe. They offer many activities for student and parental involvement but some are not well attended. My children love it here.

Last modified Pleasant Crossing Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.