Posted May 30, 2013
As a student at Zionsville High School, I can tell you that some of the reviews posted on here are just plain ridiculous. I have not gone to Zionsville all my life, I went to a private school up until 8th grade. If you try to get involved in after school activities like sports or music, there really should be no problem at all making friends. I do agree that there are a lot of cliques and that might be hard for some people to adjust to, but there really is a place for everyone at this school and on the whole they are very welcoming. And, honestly, if you are not the one using drugs, the "drug problem" will not affect you AT ALL. It isn't a big enough problem that it consumes the entire school. It is a really good learning environment and I really encourage people to go there.

Posted April 25, 2013
This school is great. From personal experience people have treated me kindly, even though I just moved here. They welcomed me with open arms and I quickly made friends. I am hispanic and have not been teased once while staying here. Sure, there may be some drug problems, but doesn't every school have that? Before I moved here I told my friends about how I would go to ZCHS. They said, "Oh that's a prissy rich school. I heard people there are racist." And I'm proving that wrong. There isn't much diversity but that doesn't mean we're racist. People are hearing bad things about this school when really all the problems are at every other school. You can't prevent that no matter where you go. If you could choose what school to go to, I would recommend here.

Posted March 22, 2013
Academically, ZCHS offers just about everything your son or daughter needs to successfully prepare for college. I know that is the primary concern of most parents in the Zionsville community. I have to agree with other reviewers who state that the school is very cliquish. It has been very difficult for my now senior daughter to really feel part of any social group (we moved here her eighth grade year). She had even been part of a varsity team here at the school. One of the best highlights for her years in Zionsville has been the music programs. The Orchestra Director position has been made part time though, and this raises concerns about the administration's commitment to keeping the school's music programs strong in the coming years.

Zionsville Community High School 3

Posted October 24, 2012
True, Zionsville is very cliquish and not welcome to diversity. If your kid finds their talent in a sport or in a mainstream activity, they will get school support and be encouraged. If they are regular or talented in another way, your are on your own and don't plan on support. Even with exceptional academic test scores, you may not find support. I won't even go into the differences in supporting girls in academics here. If your student requires any academic support, they will be successful if they have the maturity and skills to advocate for themselves and where the parents mandate the legal requirements be met. If they actually have issues that make self-advocacy difficult, you'll probably work with a legal advocate or attorney to try to obtain your legally mandated services. And it will be hard to obtain your services. And yes there are drugs and drug dealing in the school. The hard part is it may not be the kids you suspect and most students have access to some discretionary funds you don't watch. If I had it to do again, I would not have my kids in this school.

Posted February 15, 2012
I can't believe that there are people accusing this wonderful school of being rude and intolerable. Yes, it has a drug problem, but I challenge you to find a similar school that doesn't. My experience at ZCHS has completely changed my life. I came out of a different district's middle school with a 2.9 GPA. During my following year, I received all A's and a 4.25 GPA. They really know what they are doing at this high school. I would recommend this school to anyone looking for an outstanding place to send your high schooler.

Zionsville Community High School 1

Posted November 11, 2011
As a parent, I have found this school cliquish and full of rich white kids with drug problems. There is little diversity, tolerance or acceptance of kids who did not grow up here. We moved here several years ago and have had nothing but trouble with the local kids, and very little support from the school system. My kids were bullied and had their belongings destroyed, stolen or damaged by the local kids on school property. Drug use is rampant.The town has an abundance of well-to-do conservative parents, unsupervised entitled kids with money and transportation, and a community insistent on keeping it that way. While the school system touts it's 5 star program, and certainly does encourage education... racism, drugs and intolerance seem to be the big issues here. I think you will find the reviews of this school divided into 2 camps. Those that lived here all there lives and had a great, accepting, experience...and those that moved here and are shocked by the way their children were treated.

Zionsville Community High School 0

Posted October 04, 2009
Zionsville is a wonderful school district to live in. Parents, students and administration plays pivotal role in our children's education!

Posted July 22, 2009
I am a recent graduate of Zionsville, and I feel that my high school experience was great. I just recently graduated from Indiana University and I feel that Zionsville put me a step ahead of all of my friends at school. They really prepared me for the rigors of a college workload. I highly recommend this high school to anyone. We used to say that 'Zionsville was the public school that made private schools look bad.'

Zionsville Community High School 4

Posted July 15, 2009
I graduated from ZCHS a couple years ago, and I must say, it really was an excellent school. There are a wide variety of classes, and the teachers are extremely knowledgable about their subjects. The administration maintains a great rapport with the students, although sometimes they kind of leave parents out of the loop. After leaving this school and going into college, I felt very prepared for my classes and never felt like I was struggling to keep up. While some people say there is a drug problem, I never felt pressured to take drugs, and neither did any of the people I was friends with. I never felt like it was a problem in the least.

Zionsville Community High School 2

Posted November 16, 2008

Zionsville Community High School
1000 Mulberry Street, Zionsville, IN  46077
Last modified Zionsville Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zionsville Community High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.