Posted October 19, 2012
Altoona Elementary is safe and caring school. The staff works extremely hard to challenge it's students and is committed to meeting needs of every child. The students are respectful and want to do their best.

Altoona Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Its a relatively new facility and the teachers rock!

Altoona Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
My kid will go there and its a nice neighborhood school

Posted January 17, 2008

Posted September 01, 2005
I feel that the level of education my children receive at Altoona Elementary is phenomenal. They offer a wonderful variety of the arts, not only in the classroom, but at their weekly/biweekly classes on the subject, and through school-wide assemblies promoting the arts. The academic standard are outstanding, and I feel that even when my children don't 'get it,' the teachers take the time to work with them until the do. Parental involvement could always be better, but my children are aware of parent volunteers in the building on a daily basis as well as during special events. When I volunteer in the building, I see other parents volunteering in and out of the classroom. When there is a special event, we all pull together and make it happen. PTA meetings could have higher attendance, but that is just indicative of our society today. A+ school in my book.

Altoona Elementary School
301 6th St SW, Altoona, IA  50009
Last modified Altoona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Altoona Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.