Posted October 28, 2014
We continue to be pleased with the education our children are receiving at Edwards Elementary. They are challenged daily to learn new things, by a staff that genuinely cares about them. We value the ethnic and cultural diversity this school provides our children on a day to day basis. We also appreciate the relationships we have developed with all of the families with children at Edwards Elementary!

Posted July 21, 2014
We LOVE Edwards! The teachers are great and so are the other parents at the school. I've worked on several PTO things and haven't had any problems. The teachers really try to personally help your child- our son was just diagnosed as having dyslexia but doesn't qualify for special ed and his teacher went above and beyond to try and help him. The principal was also very supportive with the recommendations his teacher and I had to try and help him for future years. And now that we have a brand new school building I don't have any complaints at all about this school. I come from California and all my friends are having such a hard time with teachers and getting their children the help they need and I feel so lucky to have found such a great school that really has the kids greatest interests in mind. Both my children have enjoyed this school.

Posted July 10, 2014
I have had kids in Edwards Elementary for 12 years and have had 12 years of wonderful experiences from the teachers and leadership. We love the diversity of Edwards and that our children have had friends from all over the world. Edwards has an awesome PTO that provides additional activities throughout the year. Our kids have attended other schools, in Ames and other states; however, I would pick Edwards Elementary above all the rest!

Posted April 04, 2014
Edwards Elementary is an up and coming school. It is getting a brand new building that will be ready for the 2014-2015 school year. There is much parent involvement and you can see how that benefits the students. I currently have 2 children attending this school and they have had positive experiences and wonderful teachers every year. My kids especially look forward to the school carnival, mileage club and science night.

Edwards Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2009
This is our third year at Edwards, and we have had constant problems with this school. There have been several problems with the busing - the first year we received a bus schedule two days before school started. This year no parents received one at all, and when asked the school hadn't even talked to the bus company as of the day before the start of school, so no one had any idea what time the new bus company would pick up/drop off the kids. We have also had difficulties with two out of the four teachers my children have had - they just don't seem to care (example: my 6-year-old daughter brought home from her library day a 150+ page book containing violent scenes - one scene depicted three teenagers getting into a fight and holding a knife against someone's throat, cutting their throat).

Posted January 17, 2009
good location great staff

Edwards Elementary School 3

Posted May 10, 2006
Overall the school is fine, but there have been difficulties with several individuals in the faculty/staff.

Edwards Elementary School
3622 Woodland St, Ames, IA  50010
Last modified Edwards Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edwards Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top