PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

ACA has taught me so much. Yes we may be small, but the 11 years that I have been enrolled there have been the best. Our athletics are thriving at the moment, and with the new expansion it gives us the confidence and motivation to learn. I love to see the little ones look up to the high school and want to be like us, I did to when I was their age. I 100% recommend it. There is no bullying, and honest to the Lord no bullying. We are one united family. We are in the process of discussing many great changes and additions.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My granddaughter wanted to raise her hand after the 3rd time the same child in her class was sent to the corner and say "we are not suppose to bully kids" to the teacher but she was fearful of going to the corner herself.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

According to my granddaughter there was a little boy in her class that took a little more time then the rest of the kids and was constantly being asked to wait in the corner until his teacher had time to talk with him

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

when requested to move my grandchild to another 3rd grade class room away from her screaming and accusing teacher we were told no. we ended up placing her back in public school

Develops character: Strongly disagree

in the 6 weeks my granddaughter was there her teacher showed no character, compassion or respect

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

we have only had experience with one teacher and the only thing she was effective at was instilling fear in my grandchild

ACA is a blessing. My daughter was bullied so badly in the public school that we had to pull her out. ACA welcomed her and made her feel safe and special. I believe that my children get a solid education in a loving, Christian environment.

This is NOT a non-denominational school. Not only is this school anti-Catholic (claiming the Pope is the antichrist in their 11th grade World History textbook) but it teaches against many religions. For example, their textbooks state that the Seventh Day Adventist religion is a cult. Many parents have complained about this over the years, but the administrator and their board of education refuses to replace the textbooks. This blatantly teaches children to pass judgment on others that they don t think are true Christians. Unfortunately, they also have low ACT and ITED scores. Ask what their average test scores have been over the last four years. There are other Christian schools in the area that teach their students to follow Christ in a loving nonjudgmental way and provide a good education. Keep looking.

Do not enroll your children in Ankeny Christian Academy if you are Catholic. Even though they advertise they are non-denominational.The textbooks they teach from are anti-catholic. Check them out.

My son will be graduating this year, and although he hasn't been the easiest student to work with, the secondary principal Mr.Olson never stopped believing in him! I have observed close and from afar, and I do believe they have great teachers and staff! I could always feel the Christ-like atmosphere in each and every teacher, keeping in mind that they are all very human as well! Very academic and professional as a Christian school!! Truly preparing them for the "real world', going forward as christian men & women!!!

Last modified Ankeny Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12