Bettendorf, IA

Posted August 06, 2013
Our kid studied 1st grade in this school We loved this school. Principal and teachers are very friendly and highly responsible. Mr.Cotton is the best Principal that I have seen. Parent concerns are all well answered and parent involvement is huge in class room works and school programs. Kids love this school. Bullying is not at all entertained and taken care of it immediately if at all notified. We highly recommend.

Posted April 16, 2013
This is a great total school! Don't let the size fool you, it has a small school feel. We are a military family and move around a lot. I found this school and had to live in this school district. We were made welcome from Principal, Teachers, Counselors, and Staff, everyone is caring and open. You will have no regrets coming to this school. We will be moving soon and my son, who is very quiet, has already stated he will miss his school. My son's teacher found many meaningful ways to include parents. I was always welcome in the classroom as a volunteer when ever I had the time.

Posted May 03, 2011
Pleasant Valley has got to be the best district in the state!! Pleasant View has set the standard to what a school should be like. Excellent teachers, excellent principal, excellent support staff, excellent front office workers, excellent kids and excellent parents! The PTA is very invovled with the school. The do a lot to amp up school spirit and hold many activites during the year. I was very happy with the homework that was given to my child and if I had a question the teacher was more than willing to help me understand. My child had Mrs. Thomsen in 2nd grade and she is wonderful. Honestly, you can not go wrong with any other the teachers K-6. They are not there just to make a paycheck but to support your child and make sure that they are learning to their full capacity. If we are ever sent back to Iowa we are going straight back to PV district. Riverdale Heights, Cody and Bridgeview are all excellent, I would not mind which one my children went to but Pleasant View is where my heart is!

Posted November 13, 2009
We just moved away from P.V. and already miss the school. Our daughter had Kate Kies and Julie Doyle for her teachers and they were phenomenal! I was so sad to take my daughter out of this school. The entire staff that I encountered was amazing and helpful and the curriculum is excellent. Pleasant View is a very high achieving school and they take learning seriously--yet the kids have fun! I will have a hard time finding a school that compares to P.V. The school is very overcrowded, but a new one is being built--and the boundaries for the district's elem. schools will be revised. So atleast they're working on it. Pleasant View will be surely missed. Mrs. Kies (1st grade) & Mrs. Doyle (2nd grade) went above & beyond for us and any child would be lucky to have them as teachers.

Pleasant View Elementary School 4

Posted December 31, 2008
PV is a nice school. I recently moved here to Iowa, and compared to my old high school, it is alright. I wish their spirit was a bit higher, the teachers are nice though, they really want to help the students achieve!

Posted September 03, 2008
Both our children have attended this school over the last three years. A fantastic elementary school and well run school district. They take academics very seriously and aim to be best in class. From our standpoint, PV Elementary is a very good public school. Safe, secure and a care teacher population

Posted August 23, 2008
We were new to the school at the end of our son's 4th grade year (he is now in 6th grade). His 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Barfknecht has been by far the best teacher he has ever had! Although I have to say, all of the teachers are here are wonderful!! The distict provides a superior education, and the staff is incredible! The principal is an amazing leader and makes a point to get to know the students and parents! My overall experience with the school/district has been excellent!

Posted August 09, 2004
Pleasant View is a wonderful school. The faculty and staff are terrific. Classes are full with most seeming to max at the 25 student limit. Overflow of students are placed at Riverdale Heights. The district administration must do something to address the population growth in this end of the district! The school has an extremely active PTA. This is a wonderful community. We feel blessed to have our children enrolled here.

Pleasant View Elementary School
6333 Crow Creek Rd, Bettendorf, IA  52722
Last modified Pleasant View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pleasant View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top