Bad
Good

Being a military family, our child has experienced several different schools. Pleasant View has been the best! The teachers are caring and dedicated, the school staff know each child by name, and the school as a whole work to ensure a great learning experience for each child. I saw this school provide educational experiences that no other school has offered our child. I would recommend this school without reserve!

Three of my kids went to this school until we moved out of state. We had a 6th grader, 2nd grader, and kindergartner at that time. We absolutely loved Pleasant View. The teachers, staff, and curriculum are second to none. It is a testament to the school when you have to offer shuttle service to school events and programs. If I knew then, what I know now, I would have waited to move until my kids were finished and able to continue throughout PV schools. Highly recommend to all!

Our kid studied 1st grade in this school We loved this school. Principal and teachers are very friendly and highly responsible. Mr.Cotton is the best Principal that I have seen. Parent concerns are all well answered and parent involvement is huge in class room works and school programs. Kids love this school. Bullying is not at all entertained and taken care of it immediately if at all notified. We highly recommend.

This is a great total school! Don't let the size fool you, it has a small school feel. We are a military family and move around a lot. I found this school and had to live in this school district. We were made welcome from Principal, Teachers, Counselors, and Staff, everyone is caring and open. You will have no regrets coming to this school. We will be moving soon and my son, who is very quiet, has already stated he will miss his school. My son's teacher found many meaningful ways to include parents. I was always welcome in the classroom as a volunteer when ever I had the time.

Pleasant Valley has got to be the best district in the state!! Pleasant View has set the standard to what a school should be like. Excellent teachers, excellent principal, excellent support staff, excellent front office workers, excellent kids and excellent parents! The PTA is very invovled with the school. The do a lot to amp up school spirit and hold many activites during the year. I was very happy with the homework that was given to my child and if I had a question the teacher was more than willing to help me understand. My child had Mrs. Thomsen in 2nd grade and she is wonderful. Honestly, you can not go wrong with any other the teachers K-6. They are not there just to make a paycheck but to support your child and make sure that they are learning to their full capacity. If we are ever sent back to Iowa we are going straight back to PV district. Riverdale Heights, Cody and Bridgeview are all excellent, I would not mind which one my children went to but Pleasant View is where my heart is!

We just moved away from P.V. and already miss the school. Our daughter had Kate Kies and Julie Doyle for her teachers and they were phenomenal! I was so sad to take my daughter out of this school. The entire staff that I encountered was amazing and helpful and the curriculum is excellent. Pleasant View is a very high achieving school and they take learning seriously--yet the kids have fun! I will have a hard time finding a school that compares to P.V. The school is very overcrowded, but a new one is being built--and the boundaries for the district's elem. schools will be revised. So atleast they're working on it. Pleasant View will be surely missed. Mrs. Kies (1st grade) & Mrs. Doyle (2nd grade) went above & beyond for us and any child would be lucky to have them as teachers.

PV is a nice school. I recently moved here to Iowa, and compared to my old high school, it is alright. I wish their spirit was a bit higher, the teachers are nice though, they really want to help the students achieve!

Both our children have attended this school over the last three years. A fantastic elementary school and well run school district. They take academics very seriously and aim to be best in class. From our standpoint, PV Elementary is a very good public school. Safe, secure and a care teacher population

We were new to the school at the end of our son's 4th grade year (he is now in 6th grade). His 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Barfknecht has been by far the best teacher he has ever had! Although I have to say, all of the teachers are here are wonderful!! The distict provides a superior education, and the staff is incredible! The principal is an amazing leader and makes a point to get to know the students and parents! My overall experience with the school/district has been excellent!

Last modified Pleasant View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.