Bad
Good

BHS has pre-engineering classes known as Project Lead the Way. My son is able to take classes and earn college credit. The teacher who teaches Principles of Engineering is perhaps the finest teacher in the nation!

BHS has great teachers where students are prepared for college. Students are able to take advanced AP classes. Students with disabilities also receive the support and help needed. Students have many choices of clubs and even classes that other smaller districts would not offer. Many students come to BHS from the smaller districts for the specialized classes like Pro Start and PLTW

So many great teachers who really care and go out of their way to help you!

Too many fights and drama. I dont have the right learning environment.

As a former parent of a student that went to that school, I would say I dislike it a lot. The teachers and the students are not the problem it is the administration. I have known many faculty members that have quit working their because of the administration. West Burlington will not even accept students from burlington, because of all the BHS students that were trying to transfer. My kids senior year almost 100 students in his class either transferred or dropped out, now ovbiously this should tell you something. I think that Burlington Community High school has treats their students more like prisoners than students.

I am pleased to see the parent portal that you have instituded so we as parents can keep a daily watch on our childrens grades, homework, lunches and events. However I do see a bad review coming due to all the fighting that has been happening with regularity. Would be interested in knowing what is being done to ease this seemingly every day occurence.

I am a current BHS student and I do not enjoy it. The teachers (Aside from a select few) will not hesitate to single you out. The students are also very socially bigoted. Some of the teachers just don't seem to understand and hesitate to give help when its needed. And the students who are respectful toward the staff are treated wrongly due to appearance, beliefs, or even social status. I can't wait to get out.

I went to BHS during 1999-2003 I loved the school it was a school where you fit in the teachers were awesome especially my favorite teacher Mrs. Lens she was without a doubt the reason I stayed in school and I wouldn't change a thing about the school or the teachers.

Last modified Burlington Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.