Posted August 05, 2013
James Wilson Grimes is a fantastic school! We strive to help every student reach their highest potential, not only academically, but also emotionally and physically. Do not be surprised to see silly characters in the hallways or music pumping through the intercom. We lover to learn, and we have a good time doing it! Kelly Norris 4th Grade Reading Teacher

Posted February 15, 2013
Hello.... My name is Joe Rector. I am principal at Grimes Elementary School in Burlington, Iowa. We opened the doors to our beautiful new facility in 2005. The students and staff still refer to Grimes as our new building. More impressive than what you see from the outside is what is happening on the inside . We are extremely proud of the students and staff here at Grimes. It is our mission to maintain the highest level of expectations both academically and behaviorally. We have a zero tolerance policy concerning bullying and we utilize the pillars of character to promote and recognize positive behavior. We work very hard to recognize the individual needs of each and every child. I would like to welcome you to stop by for a visit. I think you will quickly see that Grimes School is truly an amazing place.

Posted December 08, 2009

Posted January 19, 2009
The staff at Grimes is excellent! The learning curiculum is excellent as well. The environment is great; and the classrooms are not over limit with children so your child will get his/her fair share of attention. They encourage responsibility, learning, friendships and do not tolerate bullys of any kind. I open enrolled my son to this school because of it's wonderful program compared to other elementary schools available in town. I can honestly say that if your child is not a bully, he/she will find Grimes the best environment for learning and gaining life skills. A+++!

Posted August 14, 2008
This school has a great and caring principal and staff. You couldn't ask for better teachers, support staff and parent involvement. Grimes has been fortunate enough to receive many grants, funds and programs that many other schools are not entitled to because of it's focus on bettering children's lives, not just their education. I am proud to send my son there.

Posted March 16, 2004
- a former student
Hey my dad works at this school and he comes home and says a lot of good stuff about his students and what he does when they get in trouble and says good things about the principal. When I went to this school I had a great principal but I guess he's retiring this year.

James Wilson Grimes School
800 South St, Burlington, IA  52601
Last modified James Wilson Grimes School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Wilson Grimes School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top