No rating

Aquin Catholic Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 273 students

Aquin is known for providing a comprehensive Catholic education to all!

Living in Cascade

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $530.

Posted April 8, 2014

Aquin is a home away from home. Aquin is a place where all three of our children have not only received exceptional academics, but more importantly, they have learned what it means to be an exceptional PERSON. Aquin is a place where they principal is visible, the secretary is nurturing, and the teachers truly see their students as 'somebody's son or daughter', not just pupils. Aquin is a place where our friends and families also put their trust in a Catholic education. Aquin is a school full of happy times; full of people that pray for our family and support us during sad times. Aquin will soon become a memory for our third child, just as it has become for his sisters, however Aquin will always be one of the bests gifts we have ever given them!

Posted April 8, 2014

Wonderful school to teach at. My five children also attended and graduated from Aquin. They loved being part of the Aquin family.

Posted April 8, 2014

Aquin is a great place! Our kids are learning the necessary academics as well as how to be good people and life long learners!

Posted April 3, 2014

Great school all around, teachers work closely with parents to provide a top-notch education to all students while kids also learn great Christian values at the same time. I would highly recommend this school to others!

Posted April 3, 2014

Aquin Catholic Elementary School is an excellent school and I would not send my kids anywhere else! Mrs. O'Brien rocks!!!

Posted April 3, 2014

Aquin provided a fantastic experience for my two sons. Both started in preschool and went to Aquin through 8th grade. They loved their teachers and the many innovative and energizing learning activities they employed, and they made lifelong friends. Both kids had very successful high school experiences because of the excellent preparation they got at Aquin. My oldest was among the top in his graduating class academically; my youngest excelled in athletics at the state level. Aquin is committed to providing education that addresses the holistic needs of the students. They promote learning that creates strong leaders and citizens. It was our good fortune to have such a fabulous school in our community. Aquin is very deserving of the Great Schools designation!

Posted April 2, 2014

Aquin is a great school. They have great staff and are always willing to help in any way possible. The teachers always keep in contact with the parents on the students progress.

Posted April 2, 2014

Aquin is a Catholic School that provides a caring and nurturing environment to include day care, and preschool through 8th grade children. Our classrooms provide individualized instruction for students with a small student teacher ratio. Students learn how to respect and care for each other, their families, and their community with many service opportunities during the school year. We continue to provide the technology needed to meet the demands of the 21st century, but are always working to add more. There is tremendous support from our staff, parents, and community which helps our students to thrive and succeed as they move on to their career paths.

Posted October 25, 2013

Aquin is an excellent facility for both staff and students. I am a teacher at this school and can honestly say that I have never seen such caring in a school system as I have here. I have worked in both public and parochial schools, and I have found that the religious and moral education that students receive here enhances responsibility, respect, and ownership of action. From a parent standpoint, I feel that my children are receiving a high-quality education and are pushed to their appropriate achievement levels. Their teachers address concerns with me and take appropriate action. I can't imagine working anywhere else or sending my children to any other school than Aquin.

Posted October 25, 2013

My son just started Kindergarten this year. Jon and I were so nervous about his big adventure. When we walked into the school children were holding doors open for one another, saying hello, and good morning. This is how we start our morning, and loved that is was a warm and welcoming place for our family. Staff greeted us with our names, and we had not even met them yet. Mr. Haverland made sure that we felt comfortable. Mrs. McDermott, my sons teacher, must have had a feeling that "I" was nervous because she emailed me a picture of William having an amazing time his first day of school. Aquin has been an amazing adventure for my family and I. My daughter is so excited to be joining the Aquin family next year. My husband and I are excited for the growth and development within our family because of Aquin. My grandma has a saying up in her kitchen that stated, "a family that prays together, stays together." We believe that because we picked Aquin our children will be stronger in situations that most children are weak. Thank you Aquin!

Posted October 25, 2013

Our four daughters are very happy at Aquin. We are pleased with the attention they receive there! Small class sizes is a big plus!

Posted October 25, 2013

Wonderful people and a warm feeling! I Highly recommend this school! Our children love it there and I am very happy with the quality of education.

Posted October 24, 2013

Aquin has top notch caring teachers that challenge every child to the best of their ability. Highly recommend.

Posted October 23, 2013

I am a huge fan of Aquin and have been for many years. I actually was a student at Aquin many years ago. What makes Aquin a great school is the love of the teachers and their passion for our students learning.

Posted October 23, 2013

Aquin is a great school to send your kids to. Currently we have three children enrolled. Aquin is just the right size...it's big enough that they can offer a wide array of opportunities for the kids, yet small enough that they can have small class sizes and focus on each individual student's needs. I firmly believe that catholic education is essential to building a strong foundation for children that will help them succeed & make good, ethical decisions throughout their life. Aquin does a terrific job starting that important foundation!

Posted October 23, 2013

Aquin is a great school all around! The teachers provide excellent one on one time if needed by a child. I am truly blessed to have such a great school to send out kids to.

Posted October 23, 2013

Aquin is a great school. I feel my children are getting a wonderful education. The staff is great to work with and my kids enjoy going to school each day.

Posted October 23, 2013

Aquin is a top notch school!! I went to Aquin and I am so happy to send my children there!

Posted October 22, 2013

I attended this school as well as my children and am grateful for the Catholic education they receive. This school has wonderful caring teachers.

Posted October 21, 2013

We have a great school with very caring teachers who go the extra mile to help the students.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Computer specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language impairments
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school
  • Jeffrey A. Haverland
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Science
  • Service learning
  • Special education
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Special education coordinator
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Remediation
  • Tutoring
Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields

Performing arts
Media arts
  • Technical design and production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Community service
  • Drama club
  • Technology club
  • Television/Radio News

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

School-based aid
Outside scholarships
Tax credits

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Cascade High School (Cascade, Public)
Beckman High School (Dyersville, Catholic)

608 3rd Avenue Northwest