Posted November 05, 2014
My children attended Cedar Heights until we moved recently & it was a fantastic school. The teachers were fantastic! They were so helpful with my children. If the teacher found that my child was struggling in an area, they were quick to communicate that to me & take action to get any help that was needed. The principal, Mr. Wiebers, was fantastic too. He knew every student by name & was easy to communicate with. This school's rating is not as high as I'd expect it to be because it is excellent. My children received an education of high quality here. I really miss having my kids at this school.

Posted October 21, 2013
Cedar Heights Elementary was the best elementary school! I had a great time there and in my opinion out of all the options (southdale, and Orchard Hill) Cedar Heights is the best option.

Posted March 31, 2011
My son attended Cedar Heights and is now graduating from Cedar Falls High School. My daughter currently attends Cedar Heights and it is a wonderful school. The parents are very involved and the teachers go above and beyond. Principal Wiebers knows his students, his school and takes pride in his job. My daughter has never had a teacher who did not have her best interest at heart. The teachers work hard with the PTA, extra activities and do their best to keep parents informed. If a child does not succeed in this school district it cannot be blamed on the buildings, resources or staff because this district is well organized and maintained and does it's best to meet the needs of every individual child and family. I love Cedar Falls!

Posted November 22, 2009
Recently changed schools because we moved to CF from Waterloo. I pulled my kids out of St. Edwards Catholic School to go to Cedar Heights Public. More resources available in public school. Cirriculum is more advanced than Catholic. And also affers Orchestra at 4th grade as well as band at 5th grade. I feel my kids are being better educated and we certainly enjoy saving the $3200 tuition for catholic school. Having subbed in Cedar Heights as an associate, I have seen first hand the administratin at work. It is top notch. I was worried, but have found not only are my worries settled, but I am overwhelmingly happy with the results that I have seen. Teachers and Principal Weibers is outstanding.

Posted May 06, 2009
I have a six year old Kindergartener and a 10 year old 5th grader at Cedar Heights and have no complaints. The teachers are caring and involved as well as the principal Mr. Wiebers. He knows each student and offers great advice to parents at times. My daught has been going there for six years and has had all caring teachers the entire time. The teachers are approachable and have e-mail/phone connection to the parents. Overall this is a great school! My children have learned a lot and I feel that they are being well prepared for Junior High

Posted August 08, 2008

Posted August 01, 2008
I love Cedar Heights School. We have had children as Cedar Heights for 9 years and we love it. We would change schools for the world.

Posted March 23, 2006
My daughter has loved every day of her education at cedar heights. I as a parent have cherished it. The staff is fabulous, both professionally and personally.

Posted August 20, 2005
I grew up in this district. The only reason I believe that I have been able to be successful thus far, is the training I learned at the hands of wonderful, caring teachers who gave me the gift of a love of learning. Who taught me to open myself up and think logically, independantly and outside the box. Proper behavior, english skills were paramount. The music program gave me a confidence I had never known. The library opened my heart to live outside of Cedar Falls and want to reach higher than I could see. I could not have attained the things I have without knowing a teacher cared personally about my success as I didn't have a strong homelife and they didn't let me fall throught the cracks.

Cedar Heights Elementary School 4

Posted December 12, 2004
We have been a Cedar Heights family for the last 10 years. Our oldest son, now in 10th grade had the best teachers that Cedar Heights had to offer. Unfortuatly some of them have retired. Our second son had good teachers as well- but then he would have done well with about any good teacher. Our 1st grade daugher is going to a totaly different school than her brothers. Different building, different teachers. We are thankfull for the teachers we have has so far and I believe they consider themselves fortunate to have a student body with such involved parents. That is evident by the standing room only concerts and fun fairs. It is a new school in a big tree and established neighborhood setting.

Cedar Heights Elementary School
2417 Rainbow Dr, Cedar Falls, IA  50613
Last modified Cedar Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top