Cedar Rapids, IA

Posted August 18, 2011
Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting to like Xavier. I actually wanted to go to a different, public, high school because a school like Xavier I thought was too uptown for my family. I was completely wrong lol! I have tons of friends here, everyone is nice, teachers are good (not the best but very nice), academics are a little harder but you'll manage if you study enough. It's pretty awesome here, not too big and not too small. The lunches are AMAZING here too. It's a race to get to lunch every day, that's how good the cooks are. My little brother is going here when he's old enough. No questions asked.

Posted August 09, 2011
A character assination school which acheives mediocre academics given the amount of money poured into it.

Posted December 21, 2010
The BEST school I could ever hope to go to. Through my time at Xavier I have come to be a more complete person in every aspect of my life. Academically, Xavier ranks among the best in the state. The atmosphere there is incredible positive and supportive. The music and athletic programs are also among the elite anywhere. Catholicism permeates throughout the entire school and Christ's presence is felt everywhere. I could not imagine having gone anywhere else and I will certainly send my children to Xavier in the future. However, anyone should know that even though the high school is fantastic, sometimes the Xavier community (high school and middle school parents) is arrogant and full of themselves. They think they are more important then the school they support. But, don't let this dissuade you from sending your children there. The high school community is amazing and unique in the state.

Posted February 21, 2010
I love Xavier High School. I know im only a Freshman but so far it's truly great. My sister is a senior. Everything is top notch!

Xavier High School 3

Posted April 08, 2009
An excellent school academically. Athletics take a priority at the expense of other programs and some students.

Posted February 12, 2009

Posted November 10, 2008
Terrible teachers and academics, not a good place to go if you want to challenge yourself!

Posted June 15, 2008

Posted August 07, 2007
Academic program: you dont have to be in the xaviers upper half of gpa to go to college, the colleges see what a great school it is and send there children there, (2) Sports illustrated ranked Xavier the top Athletic school in the State in 2007, xavier has one 8 state championships this year for athletics, (3) parent involvement is HUGE, the parents as well also sign a pledge card involving them with the xavier kids e.g: not to serve alcohol, not to have parties without parents, homework, drugs and narcotics,drinking,workinghard etc.

Posted November 08, 2006