Cedar Rapids, IA
Students enrolled: 1,410

Posted February 15, 2012
Has a lot of programs for students to join. Teachers care about the students. Principal is great.

George Washington High School 0

Posted October 11, 2010
I attended Washing High, graduating in '88. The teachers made an imprint that changed my life for the better. A special thanks to Mrs. Renk and Gary Benesh for being the most memorable teachers of my life.

Posted August 17, 2010
I loved Wash so much that I wanted to keep on going even after I graduated. They have Wonderful Teachers and a Great Music Program. The one thing I loved the most was Mrs. Adams' Academic clubs.

George Washington High School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
George Washington High is a very diverse school with compassionate teachers and well-rounded students.

Posted January 21, 2009

Posted December 22, 2007
It was an amazing school to go to! I still feel at home when I walk in those doors 5 years later. The teachers were great -- but more importantly the whole environment to achieve and do something while you were there is amazing. I was huge into theatre/show choir and also did sports for a couple of years. The choices for any type of after school club and all the AP classes you could ever want along with early bird class choices to be able to take all those other classes you want but don't have time for! I more or less lived there for 4 years and loved it all!

Posted October 19, 2007
I loved Wash so much that i didn't want to leave. I visit the teachers/counselors often. I love the diversity that no other school has. We have a whole week to celebrate it where we get to try authentic foods from other cultures. also there is a fashion show, and people really get in to it. It is really exciting.

George Washington High School 1

Posted April 25, 2007
Be warned. This school cares more about its Blue Ribbon rating than the safety of its students.

Posted September 23, 2006
We open enrolled from Marion school district because Wash is more academically rigorus.This is the first time in several years my child has been challenged academically. Their AP classes as well as the rest of the offered classes are taught by top teachers who care about the students. My student's counselor, band teachers and teachers were welcoming and caring people. My daughter was encouraged to try any class at any level she wanted to and if that didn't work out she could drop down to the next level classes. The people at this school believe in their students and encourage them to stretch themselves academecally and in other endevors. The AP classes are taught by teachers in a classroom setting -not by a guide and computers. The band instructors are wonderful. Your child will have wonderful opportunities if they attend this school and make wonderful friends. Parents are wecomed.

Posted May 07, 2006
Our experience with Washington HS has been terrific. I have a daughter that graduated in 2004 and is an outstanding leader in her college, a current senior who will be attending ISU in the fall and a son who still attends Wash. They are all very different. At Wash, there is such an opportunity for our children to create balance between the arts, sports and academics. They are free to find out who they are, who they want to be and to become that person. The sports programs are competetive but not win at all costs, the academics are challenging and the music and arts are a cornerstone. I have found that the majority of students feel comfortable wearing many of these hats and therefore are not 'labelled'. The opportunity to become involved as a parent is endless and welcomed. I feel blessed with the staff that have touched our lives.

George Washington High School
2205 Forest Dr SE, Cedar Rapids, IA  52403
Last modified George Washington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top