Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My children spent two years at Harding. I ended up transferring them out to a private school because the bullying they were enduring was cruel and almost inhumane. One of my son's also had an IEP since Kindergarten and Harding completely ignored it and pulled him out of all of his services. My twins started out as honor roll students and by the end of 7th grade they were both failing miserably despite very high Iowa Assessment scores. The last straw happened when my child was being assaulted in the hallway and the teachers told me that they had to pull 3 kids off my son. However, my son reached back and slapped one of the kids that was being pulled off. My child received detention and while the other three privileged children got off without so much as a warning. Now that my children are in private school, they are back to being honor roll students and have lots of friends,and are trying new things. Unfortunately, my one twin had to be held back at the new middle school because of the lack of empathy and problem solving skills and ignoring his 504 services at Harding. Harding was much more interested in just passing him to the next grade no matter what. Now I have teachers calling us to just check in on my boys and how we perceive how they are doing; wanting to know how they can help. I am so used to teachers calling in bad circumstances that I am not yet accustomed to teachers calling just because! Harding Middle School could learn a thing or two what I wrote, but probably will not.

I don't get paid enough. I understand that the secret room underground is awesome but still. We have to pay for the hostages w/ our budget or pay. I'm leaving this school now. Everyone else is just screwing around complaining about education.

I absolutely LOVE this school!! My son was being bullied at a previous middle school, and since he has transferred, his grades have came up, and he has more confidence! The teachers and staff are VERY effective with communicating concerns, and or events immediately. I appreciate, prompt responses when I leave messages for teachers in regards to checking in to see how things are going! This school could be an example of how certain other CR schools SHOULD be ran!

I agree with the prior review, which shows that the faculty and administrators have very poor conflict resolution skills. My son attended this school for two years. He was not only 4.0, had 99% ITBS (near perfect score), all around athlete, strong volunteer in the community and all around honest child. The faculty did not select him for the Chargers of the Roundtable Honor Society even though the principal presented said awardees/inductees as being the "best of the crop students/ The top students" . They were very evasive. I attended the award ceremony. it's a teacher's pet society,

Harding is great!!!! Teachers and fellow students are wonderful. Teachers know what they teach, and all the academics are very good. They are PACTS for the advanced students if they do well in school or district testing, etc. For the honor roll, if you do good like a 4.0 3.5-3.95 or 3.0 -3.5 your name is on the harding page. As for the Chargers for the Round Table. Its not the students that do good in school or so... Its the caring, honest, MOST helpful students.

Very good school its better than most of them. Think about this. Your lucky your in this school. There other schools out there maybe, that aren't as great. Don't criticize so much and take it for granted. Be thankful for this pretty good school.

Poor conflict resolution skills. Had problems with facuilty. very un-professtional. Had to transfer my child.

Last modified Harding Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.