Cedar Rapids, IA

Hoover Elementary School 4

Posted February 26, 2013
my son is om=n an IEP level 3 special needs at hoover, and i love the teachers and other staff, i can call/go and check his progress at any time, and they work well with me. my 5 year old also goes to hoover and loves it and her teachers. i dont see anything about putting finances about students, and alot of kids there get 1/1 times with students that need it.

Hoover Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
They have a great pre school program for the severely disabled.

Hoover Elementary School 4

Posted December 07, 2008
I would agree that this school is highly focused on the business aspect and the financials. However, I feel the the school and administrators do the best they can to balance the financial needs with the needs of all students regardless of their class standing. I also strongly feel that through respectful, honest and open parent advocacy some of these things can change for the better. The school provides and encourages parent/child interaction in the school setting which very little is utilized. As a parent, I feel that if more parents took some time to volunteer at the school, to get to know the teachers and the needs of all students, there would be more time to focus on the individual needsof the students. while I agree with your perspective, I would also argue that jumping in to help out might be a better option than pointing fingers.

Hoover Elementary School 2

Posted March 07, 2006
In my opinion, Hoover has serious issues. Leadership is more focused on the business aspect and financials than the education and growth of individual students. There is some rift between teaching staff and administration as well as large classroom sizes in the very formative grade levels of Kindergarten and 1st grade. I would like to see a focus on the higher level children not being 'left behind'. The very basic requirements are taught with not much time and attention to the actual needs of students being met. If financially it worked out, my child would not be in this public school.

Hoover Elementary School
4141 Johnson Ave NW, Cedar Rapids, IA  52405
Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hoover Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top