Bad
Good

I love the way the staff works with my son and the principal is AMAZING. This school needs more support from the families and from the district for sure. This school has LOTS of potential but is lacking the funds to be at 100%

With a change in administration, children are at the heart of every decision. Administration has made it a priority to find ways to invest in technology and making sure technology is integrated into daily instruction. Our class sizes are smaller than they have been in previous school years. We hope to keep our small class sizes, but the district determines how many teachers we will have and at what grade levels. Administration works with teachers to ensure we are providing safe, engaging and meaningful learning experiences that challenge all students to reach their full potential.

my son is om=n an IEP level 3 special needs at hoover, and i love the teachers and other staff, i can call/go and check his progress at any time, and they work well with me. my 5 year old also goes to hoover and loves it and her teachers. i dont see anything about putting finances about students, and alot of kids there get 1/1 times with students that need it.

They have a great pre school program for the severely disabled.

I would agree that this school is highly focused on the business aspect and the financials. However, I feel the the school and administrators do the best they can to balance the financial needs with the needs of all students regardless of their class standing. I also strongly feel that through respectful, honest and open parent advocacy some of these things can change for the better. The school provides and encourages parent/child interaction in the school setting which very little is utilized. As a parent, I feel that if more parents took some time to volunteer at the school, to get to know the teachers and the needs of all students, there would be more time to focus on the individual needsof the students. while I agree with your perspective, I would also argue that jumping in to help out might be a better option than pointing fingers.

Last modified Hoover Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.