Cedar Rapids, IA

Posted April 10, 2014
Is a Great School because when my Kids are not in school they call us to check on then they allways doing things for the kids thie school keep SAFE they send us (ALERT)

Prairie High School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
Prairie is an excellent choice for anyone. Like any school we have groups that like to hang out with each other but personally I could walk up to anyone of have a good conversation with them. The cliques aren't that strong anymore. This is an excellent school for academics and provide many college prep courses in partnership with Kirkwood and have been steadily expanding their AP opportunities for students. We have very strong music and speech/drama programs as well as very strong sports programs and have top notch facilities to accommodate those activities. This school district is bursting at the seams with the amount of students in our schools and we are constantly expanding and adding schools and it is in the next ten year plan to expand the high school to house the upcoming grades and continue to upgrade and expand to meet the needs of the explosive growth of the district. I believe we were recently ranked 9th in Iowa in academic/college prep. Prairie is a great choice but the schools are becoming over populated and the grade sizes are growing rapidly in the elementary schools especially, each grade being bigger than the one before.

Posted February 03, 2014
I love my school, my teachers, and all the great opportunities I have. It is the perfect place for a talented and gifted kid like myself.

Prairie High School 1

Posted October 01, 2012
This is a country bumpkin school. Don't let the score fool you. If you are country bumpkin Iowa this school is probably mediocre but coming from the West Coast this school is a 3 out of 10. There are no Honors or upper level classes in English, everyone takes the same English level class even if you are an outstanding student. Like all of the Iowa high schools, most AP classes are not offered until junior year. There is a lack of choices in classes for students who are Honors level. The school is a God and sports school. The cliques are closed to outsiders in this school. If your child is academically focused, then take your child to Linn Marr or West High. The students at this school make fun of smart kids who have outstanding grades. It is uncool! The students are given laptops but only use to surf the internet at the school and teachers rarely give homework that involves the use of the laptop. Its a fancy gimmick but the school should have spent the money for higher level English and math classes. If this is college prep then what is the level of the Iowa colleges? Surely it is not on par with UC Davis and University of Washington.

Posted December 17, 2009
This is a great school and I am proud tob be part of the Prairie Faithful. Not only is it great for any student, but it is the best for challenged students and Autistic children in the greater CR area. It is not 6 out of 10, it is perfect in almost every way.

Posted May 02, 2009
i love this school.. although there is drama.. as long as you try to keep out of it you are fine. even though sometimes there are 'tight cliques' people are warm and friendly and open to new people.. as with all schools there are some people that are not nice but overall amazing school

Prairie High School

Posted January 31, 2008
I love this school it is amazing and has amazing teachers here!

Posted June 15, 2007
I loved this school! I moved here from out of state, but felt like I had grown up in the college community school district. In a perfect world, I would love to raise my family in the city and this school system! I do miss it so!

Prairie High School 3

Posted December 08, 2005
The academic and college prep seem to be wonderful at this school, and district. However, with a student transfering in at high school level, I would not recommend this school. There are very tight cliques that seem to very established by High School. I've not seen such globally snobby behavior among girls at other schools before. This is not a warm inviting environment for new students. I'm a parent of a child that is/was extremely social and has been able to make friends everywhere she has been in life, until Prairie High. This was a bad choice for us.

Prairie High School
401 76th Ave SW, Cedar Rapids, IA  52404
Last modified Prairie High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top