School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Whittier Elementary School! We pride ourselves on our high-achieving students and our dedicated, hard-working staff. Our parents and families are our greatest supporters, and we appreciate the many hours our family members volunteer time in classrooms, the LRC, at lunch and during activities in conjunction with our outstanding PTA. Our parents, students, staff and community are proud of Whittier School! At Whittier we believe all students can learn and achieve at high levels. We educate the "whole" child through our instructional and social/behavioral supports. Our school environment is built based upon PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Supports) and very high expectations for students and staff to learn at high levels. I invite you to call me (563-243-3230, email me (brkenney@clintonia.org) or visit me in person if I can help you in any way!
March 02, 2015

Posted April 11, 2015
Great school, great teachers, great staff, great kids, our family loves Whittier! Love to see principal out greeting students each morning!

Posted March 06, 2015
Love love love!!!!!!! #1 school, staff, and kids in Clinton. Principal os wonderful. The PTA is great and does a lot for the school.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 02, 2015

Posted February 27, 2015
Two of our children began elementary school in a small private school, when they were going into 2nd & 5th grade, we made the decision to enroll them in our local school district. We have never looked back. We can not say enough about how wonderful our experience has been at Whittier. All three of our children have had amazing teachers who truly care about them and their academic success. We love Whittier and the Clinton Community School District!

Posted January 30, 2015
Whittier Elementary has been wonderful for my son, who has had struggles due to ADHD. Every year, (he's in 4th grade now), he has shown amazing improvement, and this is due in part to the exceptional teachers and staff who work with him daily towards success. I am promptly notified of any issues and/or accomplishments my son is having, and have had excellent communication with everyone involved in his school life. It's this perfect team effort with my son that has led to him not only meeting his IEP goals, but to surpass them and literally SOAR above, allowing his IEP to be completed! I feel so grateful for having such a wonderful school for my son, and couldn't be happier. Thank you Whittier!!

Posted January 30, 2015
Whittier has an amazing atmosphere, geared toward student learning and their success! The staff always makes themselves known in a kind and caring way to students, parents, and even visitors. They help each child be successful and meet their needs by going above and beyond any expectation.

Posted January 30, 2015
Whittier is a fun place to learn! We have supportive parents and awesome kids who work hard every day! We have after school programs for kids who need extra support. The kids love the therapy dogs that roam the halls! Our PTA is amazing and supportive! We just raised money for new playground equipment!! We have fitness Friday's and the kids exercise to fun music as a whole school for a minute every Friday morning! We have a school wide positive behavior incentive party every 6-8 weeks!! It's a great place to learn!

Posted January 28, 2015
I have had experience in different school systems and I find the warm ,inviting , caring attitude from everyone!!! Very genuine they truly care and will not let your child / children just slip threw the cracks. They teach ,evaluate , communicate and give the help your child needs. We live this school!!!!

Posted January 27, 2015
I love the staff. They are great and my daughter does very well there. It's a very positive environment and they work well with the parents, plus the location is great!

Posted January 27, 2015
Whittier Elementary has amazing teachers who care about our children's education, but more impotantly, they care about their well being and their emotional needs. I am a very proud parent of two children who love their school and take great pride in telling people about Whittier, their school environment and the amazing teachers and staff.

Whittier Elementary School
1310 2nd Ave South, Clinton, IA  52732
Last modified Whittier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whittier Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top