School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Welcome to Whittier Elementary School! We pride ourselves on our high-achieving students and our dedicated, hard-working staff. Our parents and families are our greatest supporters, and we appreciate the many hours our family members volunteer time in classrooms, the LRC, at lunch and during activities in conjunction with our outstanding PTA. Our parents, students, staff and community are proud of Whittier School! At Whittier we believe all students can learn and achieve at high levels. We educate the "whole" child through our instructional and social/behavioral supports. Our school environment is built based upon PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Supports) and very high expectations for students and staff to learn at high levels. I invite you to call me (563-243-3230, email me (brkenney@clintonia.org) or visit me in person if I can help you in any way!
March 02, 2015

Bad
Good

My son is in his last year at Whittier, and we are so proud to have called it our school. I'm grateful for their amazing faculty and staff, they've helped my son realize his own potential and given him a desire to succeed. Best public elementary school in Clinton!

Amount of homework: Agree

This is my sons last year at whittier and he has never had too much homework. The teachers have been really good about not over loading them.

Whittier is an awesome school. This is my sons last year. He starts middle school next year and we are going to miss Whittier. The teachers and staff are wonderful. Mr Kenney the principal is great with the kids. He is at the front door every morning to greet the kids and out there again after school. The crossing guards are great too. Cant say enough good things about this school.

Great school, great teachers, great staff, great kids, our family loves Whittier! Love to see principal out greeting students each morning!

Love love love!!!!!!! #1 school, staff, and kids in Clinton. Principal os wonderful. The PTA is great and does a lot for the school.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 02, 2015

Two of our children began elementary school in a small private school, when they were going into 2nd & 5th grade, we made the decision to enroll them in our local school district. We have never looked back. We can not say enough about how wonderful our experience has been at Whittier. All three of our children have had amazing teachers who truly care about them and their academic success. We love Whittier and the Clinton Community School District!

Whittier Elementary has been wonderful for my son, who has had struggles due to ADHD. Every year, (he's in 4th grade now), he has shown amazing improvement, and this is due in part to the exceptional teachers and staff who work with him daily towards success. I am promptly notified of any issues and/or accomplishments my son is having, and have had excellent communication with everyone involved in his school life. It's this perfect team effort with my son that has led to him not only meeting his IEP goals, but to surpass them and literally SOAR above, allowing his IEP to be completed! I feel so grateful for having such a wonderful school for my son, and couldn't be happier. Thank you Whittier!!

Whittier has an amazing atmosphere, geared toward student learning and their success! The staff always makes themselves known in a kind and caring way to students, parents, and even visitors. They help each child be successful and meet their needs by going above and beyond any expectation.

Whittier is a fun place to learn! We have supportive parents and awesome kids who work hard every day! We have after school programs for kids who need extra support. The kids love the therapy dogs that roam the halls! Our PTA is amazing and supportive! We just raised money for new playground equipment!! We have fitness Friday's and the kids exercise to fun music as a whole school for a minute every Friday morning! We have a school wide positive behavior incentive party every 6-8 weeks!! It's a great place to learn!

Last modified Whittier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.