Coralville, IA

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 23, 2015
This was my daughter first time in Krikwood elementary ad it was great. Everyday when she came home she had something positive share about and she would bring gifts from her teacher and amazing test scores. Thankyou Krikwood .

Kirkwood Elementary School 5

Posted July 02, 2015
My son had a fantastic teacher who cared about him and encouraged him every day. He came home everyday with something positive to share and looked forward to going to school everyday. We were sad to move and have to leave Kirkwood behind. It's a great school and does not deserve its current rating!

Kirkwood Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2012
Kirkwood Elementary is a good school. The teachers our children have had (Pre-K, K, 1st, 3rd, 4th) have all continued to strive to bring the best possible education to each individual student. The Principal provides an attentive, caring and strong leadership. The teachers and principal of Kirkwood communicate well and make themselves available to the parents of students as well. The diversity of students is an added plus. Teacher/Student ratio, as in most public schools, could be improved upon. Kirkwood continues to grow in excellence!

Kirkwood Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2011
Kirkwood is a terrible school. My son went there for Kindergarten and part of 1st grade. I removed him from the school because he was subject to bullying and fighting on a daily basis. He had to defend himself against 4th graders and that is completely unacceptable. I spoke with his teacher nearly daily with promises that something would be done. I emailed the principal and never received a response. Nothing was ever done, hence why I pulled my child from the school. There are so many unfortunate children in this school that are not getting the education and social skills that they need. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 26, 2010
Kirkwood is a great school with a diverse population that will prepare our kids for the real world both academically and socially!

Posted April 26, 2010
It is our neighborhood school and we support Kirkwood because of the wonderful staff, teachers and PTO.

Posted April 26, 2010
they really pay attention to each and every child- the teachers leave a footprint on each childs heart!!

Posted April 26, 2010
I love working at Kirkwood because I am inspired by people who really care about children and their commitment to their job well whatever it takes!

Posted April 24, 2010
this school is really good and the teachers are really nice and respectful..

Kirkwood Elementary School 4

Posted April 22, 2010
The principal and staff are readily available to share information and listen to your concerns

1401 9th St, Coralville, IA  52241
Last modified Kirkwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kirkwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top