Council Bluffs, IA

Posted November 24, 2014
Bloomer is an exceptional school where students are cared for by a compassionate and committed staff. The school is very diverse and provides students with the academic, social, emotional, and behavioral support to succeed. I chose to send my children to Bloomer because of the leadership in the school, the sound curriculum, and opportunities for students to receive personalized instruction.

Posted December 10, 2013
Both of my children are new to bloomer this year. Their teachers have been welcoming and wonderful to both of them. Yes the parking is horrible but that is how is at most schools. I can say that Bloomer is warm and welcoming and the staff is great!

Bloomer Elementary School 3

Posted October 12, 2013
I must agree parking is terrible. I understand that there is only so much that can be done with limited space but what gets me is the people who just park in the drop off/ pick up lane and block it up so the rest of us who need to pick up and drop off can not. I am not referring to the pre school parents. They have a separate pick up and drop off. I am a volunteer and have offered to help out many times with the parking people and inside the classrooms, with fundraising ideas etc. but they don't seem interested in the help inside or outside the classrooms much of the time. Don't get me wrong. There are some really really fantastic teachers at Bloomer. Not just one or two. There are quite a few. My main complaints are parking, lack of sufficient notice, especially with fundraisers and contests, and hardly using volunteers. I think better organization and allowing us volunteers to really actually help out in and around the school would make a huge difference. Not just the occasional field trip or holiday party. Parent volunteers are a major untapped resource that could help out our school in a very big way. I am here to help in any way the school needs it!

Bloomer Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2013
Parking is horrible. I feel as if their is tension between preschool parents and other students parents because preschool gets its own parking in front of the school. Other parents have to park on a busy street. The school sits on a busy street. Oriention was very unorganized with no one telling you were to go, we just walked into the school, no one greeted us, and were just a bunch of tables. Most of the teachers are rude and never smile to parents. My child's teacher seems to really care about her students, probably the only teacher on the building. I still have yet to meet the principal. I don't know where she was back to school night. They do all this fundraising, but still haven't had a party. We are two months into the school year!!

Bloomer Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2007
Unsure about quality of academic programs or testing. These children practice the same test weekly; then get the exact same test that is used to judge the quality of the teaching method. I do not like this at all and do not understand how they can get away with it. This school has no extracurricular activities that I am aware of. I was told they can't have a sport there because they rent out the gym to outside agencies to make money. And, level of parent involvement; I have gone to a few PTA meetings. I was one of 4 parents there. I was not impressed at all. Actually I am considering taking my children to another district.

Posted September 27, 2006
Bloomer is an awesome school, with lots of extras!

Posted May 08, 2006

Bloomer Elementary School
210 South 7th St, Council Bluffs, IA  51501
Last modified Bloomer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bloomer Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top