Posted November 03, 2014
I have 2 kids that go to school there and the whole staff is amazing. They are very positive people who communicate to the parents clearly. They send home folders every Friday so you know what the kids are doing, along with newsletters about class activities and behavior charts. It's nice to know how your child is doing, and can talk to them about what they are learning. Most schools parents struggle helping their young ones with homework because of the new curriculum's we don't understand. But, not this schools parents or guardians, they do math nights to help you understand how they do math. They then send you to the child's room to be taught games and give you fun things to help the kids learn at home. The school does everything in their power to protect the students and make sure it's a safe atmosphere. They don't have as much bullying as other schools do. The parents at this school are very involved with the schools activities. The school has a gardening club that is really fun and teaches the kids about growing vegetables and even has a garden at the school! Then the kids grow their own vegetables at home. We love this school!

Posted October 24, 2014
I think this school is great. My daughter is in 3rd grade. So far it has been wonderful. Her teachers are great and focus on each child. She is excelling and I can't thank the teachers enough for helping her.

Posted August 15, 2014
Love this school. It's a smaller school and as a result it seems as though this is where newer principals come to learn the ropes. We're on our third principal since starting there 5 years ago.

Posted March 26, 2014
We moved to Council Bluffs just before the 2013-14 school year started, and our daughter is in Kindergarten. To be honest, we had some reservations based on the GreatSchools rating we saw on this website, but now that we've been here, we are so glad we came to Lewis and Clark. Her teacher is absolutely amazing, and you can tell she really cares about the students. They also make sure that the kids are being appropriately challenged. They test the abilities of the students often and adjust the curriculum to meet the needs of each child. They even opened up some first grade level reading when our daughter and 2 others passed out of the normal Kindergarten reading curriculum. The principal and staff are also friendly and approachable for any questions/concerns you may have.

Posted February 20, 2014
Lewis and Clark is a great neighborhood school within a tight-knit community. The teachers and support staff know every child by name and are dedicated to helping them be the best student they can be. There are very supportive parents who are active volunteers, making the classrooms run more effectively, and allowing for fun extra-curricular activities.

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2014
Both of our children attend Lewis & Clark. The classes are small, the children are learning a lot, and they're happy. I couldn't ask for a better small school setting for our children!

Posted January 04, 2014
Lewis and Clark is an amazing school with GREAT teachers and staff. Everyone is VERY easy to communicate with and helps in any way possible. I have volunteered in my child's classroom several times and each time the principal has always been walking around the school visiting classrooms and guinely cares for the students!!

Posted December 14, 2013
Lewis and Clark has a great school staff and involved parents. The teachers and principal are dedicated and easy to communicate with. Both my children attend Lewis and Clark and are doing very well academically.

Posted December 14, 2013
This is our first year at Lewis and Clark and I am amazed at how well the teachers and principal have done to make our family feel welcome! My daughter is thriving and the education she is receiving is exceeding my expectations. Even the nurse is here to greet the kids outside. Mrs. Wymore and Mr. Moran have done an excellent job with my daughters education and answering any questions we have.

Posted December 12, 2013
Lewis & Clark Elementary has a dedicated staff that educates the entire child. The teaching models in place teach all of the students at their instructional level, and provides the learning opportunities for students to reach rigorous learning targets. This is a great place to educate children, and the students are supported by many stakeholders in and outside of the school walls. I am proud to work with our future citizens each day, and Lewis & Clark Elementary is lucky to have a staff that is continually implementing the best teaching practices.

Lewis & Clark Elementary School
1603 Grand Ave, Council Bluffs, IA  51503
Last modified Lewis & Clark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis & Clark Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top