Bad
Good

Titan Hill Intermediate School. The school academic programs are lacking in areas as it has been for the forth year in a row considered a school at need or Sina. For the average student I believe it is fine. For a child that needs special help and attention it is somewhat of a difficult journey. Since the school does follow the Iowa Core Curriculum, but does not provide text books it is difficult for a parent with a child that struggles with attention to follow the curriculum and lesson plan. I as a parent think providing text books would only enhance the academic goals to reach the Iowa Assessment Standards. Concept based learning is very helpful but text book back up the concepts and can be reinforced when helping your child achieve to their full academic potential.

My daughter is in second grade now and I'm not to impressed with the school. First off they don't check who is picking your child up very well. I have had diffrent family members pick my daughter up from kreft and they were not on her list to pick her up. Also I have been picking a friends daughter up from kreft since the school year started every Wednesday and Thursday. It wasn't until I said something this February of 2014 that I brought to there attention I was not authorized to pick her up. My daughter is at Titan hill and had told her teacher she didn't feel good and instead of sending her to the nurse she gave her a mint. She got off the bus and I could tell she was sick. She was running a 103 degree temp. And had strep throat.

Both my children attend the Lewis Central Schools. I'm a little confused by the last poster who only gave LC Schools a 2 star rating, while at the same time saying how wonderful the teachers have been. We love this school system for our children. Over 75% of the teachers that work for this school have their Masters degrees in teaching. That alone speaks volumes; specifically that this school takes education seriously. The teachers are great with good attitudes, and they must enjoy where they work, as my kids have no complaints! Report cards are thorough, and leave nothing to question. Very good school!

I have two children that have attended this school. The older one is special needs while the younger is neurotypical. My younger child 'fits the mold' if typical students and has excelled both academically and socially (this assessment is based off of one year of full day preschool). My older child, on the other hand, has struggled every year. With the excaption of one year, every individual classroom teacher he has had has been fantastic. They have recognized his needs and have done their best to accomodate as well as assist me in the struggle with the district as a whole for specialized services. Long story short, the teachers (overall) are great. The district is great if you have a child that fits their mold. We are currently looking into moving to another school district.

Last modified Titan Hill Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 2-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.