Bad
Good

Davenport Central High School was a great multicultural school with a variety of AP classes, a fantastic talented and gifted teacher, and a wide range of activities for the gifted student. They have Mock Trial, Scholastic Bowl, National History Bowl, Environmental Club, Battle of the Books, Read n Rap with elementary students, and Girls Learn. Their band, choir, show choir, marching band, and orchestra are great, too.

I went to Central through 9-10 grade. I dropped out, and now have my GED and have a full time job. I think getting my GED was the best thing I have ever done. My first years, and last years were hard for me, i struggled with math and no teacher ever helped me to my level, they thought that we all learned the same, only did Mrs. Rutin help me with pre-algebra, no one else has ever got math through my head except for her. Other than that, Central was not good for me, nobody did anything about bullying. No one stood up for me or any other students that had trouble. I was bullied for so long untill i just stopped caring, i told the teachers, they didnt care or do anything. Some of the rules were just ridiculus, and some teachers were either too lenient, and didnt care, or too strict and un-fair. I am very happy i dropped out. Im glad i no longer look forward to having my freedom of speech taken away, im happy with myself now, i have freedom of exspession now, i should have been in my senior year now, and im glad im not there.

Davenport Central is a fantastic school with great teachers, administrators, etc. The school provides a real life experience with a diverse student population in terms of race and socioeconomics. The history that surrounds this school is tremendous, there are thousands of extremely successful graduates that accomplished many things. Take a look a the Hall of Honor for examples of the greatness. As an alum I am more than proud to say Central is my high school of choice (my kids will attend when they become HS age). My wife, also an alum, worked in the building until recently and I can say that DC is still the place to be. Go Blue!

Davenport Central is an excellent school! I am an alum and my daughter graduated 7 years ago. Now I have two sons who are involved in vocal music and sports and are high achievers academically. I would agree that the band program has suffered, it is not at the level it was when my daughter attended, but our choirs and show choirs are among the best of the midwest! High achieving kids have lots of choices and both my current attendees are well-prepared to go on to college. We know lots of kids that have transferred IN to Central just for the vocal dept. Kudos to our fabulous directors!!! And remember, when it comes to school, parents that are involved can make all the difference in your child's experience. And the administrative issues are past too, I think! Our top 2 principals are loyal Central alums and do an awesome

I am very disapointed at the level of teacher interaction with parents. My sisters kids went to Central and all were in their amazing band program so I naturally wanted my kids to experience this as well. Sorry to say, all of the excellence that was once there in the music department is long gone. Those teachers haved unfortunately moved on, and what stands in place now is a skelton of what used to be a world class music program. We are all Very disappointed, and I will be transfering our kids to Bettendorf at the semester. Wow what happened in Davenport?

Last modified Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.