Davenport, IA

Posted December 11, 2014
I never expected that most of the reviews about this school are going to be true. But my experience is same as like written below, teachers are rude and not at all helpful. This year one special student gone missing from classroom and found on road, School was totally unaware about the student gone missing. I never found this school helping my kid, so we moved out of area and school. I have no ratings for school (not even one).

Posted April 25, 2014
Very rude and disrespectful principal! I have seen him be down right rude to staff and children! How can a school do nothing about a child getting stabbed by a needle?!?!

Posted January 29, 2014
The teachers are nice and I do think everyone there cares about the students, but this school is really struggling. They have their hands full battling poor attendance and very low test scores, and so much attention seems to be paid to just getting caught up. I have a child who is ahead of the curriculum but the resources just aren't there for them to really foster that and help challenge her further. We are transferring after this school year not with any ill will, but for the hard reality that this one just doesn't have what is needed for our child to fulfill her potential. I hope they can get it turned around, but at the same time would strongly recommend that other parents go somewhere else if they can.

Madison Elementary School 5

Posted January 31, 2008
I have had kids at this school since 2003 and 2 attend now. It is a great school with teachers that really care and my kids enjoy being with the students they go to school with. The reading program is top notch and unique to Madison. Only recommendation is that math should be more emphasized now that reading scores have improved dramatically.

Madison Elementary School 2

Posted August 06, 2004
My child attended Madison school for 1 school year. We transfered to a different school district after observing the lack of safety and supervision at the school.

Madison Elementary School 5

Posted September 21, 2003
As a parent, going on 14 years of contact with this school... it has improved greatly test scores are improving, and the initiatives taken to improve the education of students is unmatched in the district. Plus, the new facilities, are the best in the district.

Madison Elementary School
116 East Locust St, Davenport, IA  52803
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5
Madison Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top