Monroe Elementary School 5

Posted April 21, 2010
Monroe is my neighborhood elementary school. My youngest son went through all elementary years at this school and we loved it. The staff is very dedicated to its students.

Monroe Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I would like to bring to your attention the wonderful work done by the staff at Monroe Elementary school. Last year my daughter, Angela Koster, was at Monroe for 5th grade. Angela has the diagnoses of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, reactive attachment disorder, and oppositional defiant disorder. Angela is about 4 years behind academically and also has behavior problems. Despite these challenges, Angela had a very positive year at Monroe due primarily to the efforts of her teachers and the principal. The teachers were always very positive about working with Angela. They truly took to heart that every child deserves to be helped to learn. Perhaps most impressive to me was that the teachers always showed that they actually liked and cared about Angela and gave her chances, even though Angela is a very difficult student to teach. It was hard for both Angela and I to leave Monroe; we would have liked her there again this year. (she begins middle school this year) 5th grade was Angela's most successful year in the Davenport system.

Monroe Elementary School
1926 West 4th St, Davenport, IA  52802
Last modified Monroe Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 2 reviews. Top