Davenport, IA
Before care: Yes
After care: No

Posted March 12, 2014
Great teachers, great community, safe area for kids to walk to and from school. There is a lot of diversity in this district and that's a positive in my book.

Posted September 26, 2008

Wood Intermediate School 0

Posted April 24, 2008
I was at wood last year. I went there all three years,now I am a freshman at north and it's great! a lot of the time I was at wood I liked it but when there were fights I thought they were stupid.....other than that wood has been one of the best schools that I have went to! i think wood is a GREAT school. there isan't much else to say but sometimes I wish I was still there! ~kaylene~

Posted June 10, 2006
I was a member of Wood Intermediate last year and will be a member next year too. I am in the music program and have been since third grade. Wood has great after school programs, such as basketball, volleyball, football, drama club, recycling club, and many more. I was having trouble in math all last year, but with help from many of the teachers, I was getting Academic Excellence. I also had trouble in science, like the metrics. I mean, it was just so confusing and I did not get it at all and i was just getting so frustrated! But, with help from the staff, I'd come in before and after school and on the metrics quiz, I go one hundred percent! Basically the whole staff is a support system for all of the students. It has a very clean environment. Overall, Wood is an awesome school, I love it!

Posted June 04, 2005
With the culture that our children are growing up in today I was nervous about my child's middle school experience and the influences that our teens are facing. You want and hope for the best and hope that they will 'get it'. During my teens middle school experience she began to make some unwise choices. It was during this time that the staff and a core group of teachers became very supportive in her education environment. There were some teachers who became closely involved in their area of influence that they had to offer during the school day. The roles that they played in my teens life could only be described as excellent. They all did their job as a teacher but it was more that they showed a personal concern. Lately my teen has demonstrated a turnaround in rethinking some things in her value system. I applaud the staff.

Posted February 02, 2005
- a former student
Wood is a great school, I am a former student. If you are looking for a place to send your kids for good education and a fun learning and athletic experience this is a great school for both. There are also many helpful teachers and staff and the students are also interesting. They have fun after school activities and sporting events that students can attend. I owe thanks to about every staff member in the school for helping with schoolwork and keeping a safe enviornment!

Posted September 09, 2003

Wood Intermediate School
5701 North Division, Davenport, IA  52806
Last modified Wood Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wood Intermediate School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top