Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Outstanding teachers who genuinely care about their students. Caring principal who is truly all about the kids. A warm and accepting environment where ALL kids really can learn!

What a GREAT group of educators in 5th grade. They have made such a difference in my son's life.....

This school has a outstanding / caring staff and one Wonderful Principal that takes the time to know each and every child as a individual. The challenge in which the school has is the increase of Anawim housing in the area, but I look at positive as my child we see allot of diversity within the children and be able to expand their self's to be a better person.

We are known for our amazing students, families and teachers. The PTO does a lot for our families and staff. It's an incredible environment for students to learn in.

As a parent I enjoyed watching the kids grow & learn until 5th grade. Each year the teachers challenged the students to do more & held them accountable for better work results. At least 1 of the 4th grade teachers visits the child's home prior to school starting in the fall. Homework - even if it was 15 minutes - was assigned probably 4 days a week. They were required to study for tests and to do their best on projects. The 5th grade teachers are quite likeable, but do not hold the kids as responsible. If a project is turned in haphazard or looks sloppy, an A or A+ is still easily obtained. If an assignment is not completed, they are sometimes still given up to a week (or more) to do it and still get an A or A+. Then comes the C or D on the test. Responsibility is shot. Students who naturally excel, still excel. The kids who need to be held to expectations. just slide by and it shows in their grades & state/national tests scores. Quite sad. I emailed & visited 5th grade teachers many times only to be told, they are doing well, not to worry. I believe the drop in test scores from 4th to 5th grade make sense. It's sad, but makes sense.

As a teacher at Delaware, I have seen it become better and better each year. Parent involvement is at an all time high, and there is more and more of a "team effort" between teacher/parent in their child's education, which is the way it NEEDS to be! I am so thankful to work with wonderful teachers and people. Teacher's have never felt more supported by our PTO, and we are so grateful.

I am a parent of two children who attend Delaware Elementary. We have been completely satisfied with the teachers, the leadership of the administration, and the strong PTO board and volunteers. My children have had a wonderful experience both academically and socially.

Delaware is one of the largest Elementary schools in this large district, but it continues to impress me with it's small school feel. They do a good job communicating to parents and keeping them involved. Our family appreciates all the PTO sponsored activities and have had all good experiences with this school and faculty. Budget cuts have been hard for this school, but we are looking forward to the continued growth and prosper we have seen over the last 6 years.

As the mom of a kindergartener, I couldn't be more pleased with Delaware. Communication from the school and district is consistent and so helpful. The teachers and PTO go out of their way to help students (and parents) feel informed and welcome. My sons loves his teacher, and I'm finding the Delaware community to be a wonderful start to my son's education.

Great, involved teachers, lots of parent opportunities to be involved with their kids at school (especially kindergarten) and a WONDERFUL principal.

Last modified Delaware Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.