Bad
Good

Clive Elementary School 2

Posted June 19, 2013
Teachers seem tired. High percentage of free and reduced price lunches. Many students with behavior problems. There doesn't seem to be a lot of parent involvement, even with a special group to promote parental involvement. I wonder about the education that kids who are at or above grade level are getting. The teachers have a lot to deal with. The teachers do a good job trying to help the kids, but if there is little to no parental involvement, the teachers can't solve everything. Doesn't seem like there is a lot of communication going on between teachers and the principal.

Clive Elementary School 2

Posted March 21, 2013
Principal does not listen to parents. Doesn't care and never will. Disappointed in school overall.

Clive Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2010
We love the teachers and staff at this school! We feel that our children are getting an excellent education. When I had an issue with my child I was listened to and helped right away. My child had to go to the nurses office several times last year for bloody noses and was very well taken care of. I have been given several opportunities to volunteer and have found it to be a very welcoming school. Both of our children are excelling in math and reading. We love this school! We do wish we would see more parents getting involved, though.

Clive Elementary School

Posted February 23, 2010
Clive Elementry is a terrible school for my children. The principal doesn't care enough. Also,the nurse is never there to tend to the childrens needs when she needs to be. Basically, unless youre kid don't need to get any info , or have a medical problem of any sort the entire year, you might be fine. I on the other hand have experienced a 'principal' that refused to do any fact finding to diffuse problems on campus. I have personally been refused a conference with other parents. I have had to wait 10-15 minutes in the office, while I have had to listen to personal calls by both secreteries; while I was ingnored, and un-attended to. I have simply had enough, I wanted to share my two years of HELL with others, so that you can keep these things in mind before you send your child into a 'Lions Den'

Clive Elementary School 5

Posted November 24, 2009
My daughter is in kindergarten at Clive Elementary. In the first two months of school I have such a tremendous rate of growth. She in two months is now reading to me at night. Her math skills are way beyond what I expected, too. I couldn't be happier with the staff and learning atmosphere at Clive Elementary!

Clive Elementary School 5

Posted March 30, 2009
My child has spent the last year at Clive Elementary School, after we moved from Texas to West Des Moines. I can honestly say that Clive Elementary is amazing. My child has progressed more in eleven months at Clive Elementary than he did in three years in a Texas elementary school. The staff are caring, kind, committed, and involved. The standards are very high, in all areas, and the school is clean and well run. I honestly would recommend Clive Elementary as the best school any of my children have ever attended (and we have lived and moved a lot in both the U.S.A and Europe!).

Clive Elementary School
1600 73rd St, Des Moines, IA  50324
Last modified Clive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top