PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

St Theresa School 5

Posted February 19, 2016
Social Justice Week, STEM with all students, Robotics, HyperStream, First Lego League, Engineering is Elementary, A world in Motion, Project Lead the Way, STEM Camps, hands on learning everyday with every student! I love it all! My kids really excelled at STCS! It is truly a GREAT SCHOOL! The teachers really care about you and your student, it is a real community! I would highly recommend this school!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 11, 2015
St theresa is a pbis and strives to live these values in everything they do. No person or place is perfect and this is a wonderful place to grow together.

St Theresa School 5

Posted December 11, 2015
Social-emotional, physical, academic, and spiritual well-being are all positively supported and achieved. Very welcoming environment and inclusive in all school activities and community life.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 11, 2015
I want to thank Mrs. Mohrfeld, Ms. Lyddon, and Miss Tabitha, Miss Bridget all the preK & daycare staff for helping my son transition to St. Theresa 4 year old preK and daycare. it hasn't been easy and I'm so thankful to have partners in helping to raise my son. the student volunteers provide an amazing experience for my son to play and socialize. Being new to the school this year, everyone has provided an exceptional experience and positive support. Thank you!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted November 20, 2015
I had to choose one so I picked school leader. Mrs. Stemler is a great example of how we should be, it shows in her school. What an incredible group of people! All of them, the school leaders, teachers, staff, parents/families and students. They have all been there for our family and continue to be. Last New Year's Eve I received a phone call from my 3 yr old's Doctor. We had taken him in the day before due to an ankle he kept hurting. They didn't see anything in the X-rays but he could not walk. Labs were drawn. The doctor was calling to let me know there was something terribly wrong with Koby's blood work. We needed to go to Blank Children's Hospital for further testing. He was diagnosed with Leukemia 1-12-15. With STCS' help what seemed to be the end of our world is now manageable and our normal. From rides to meals to gifts, support both emotional and financial to endless prayers. They were there, 100%!! Keep in mind Koby was not attending this school. His sister, Kaya was in kindergarten though. I am pleased to report Koby's doctors are thrilled with how he is responding to treatment. He is a cancer fighting machine! He is now attending Pre-K at STCS and doing awesome. Kaya is loving and learning so much in 1st grade. Words can not express the thankfulness I feel, only tears as I type. We are truly blessed to be part of this amazing school!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 11, 2015
There is a saying among the teachers that i have heard from many of them "whatever it takes". I asked once what they meant by that and they said that it means that they would do whatever they could to help students succeed. I have a son that struggled in reading in 1st grade and his teacher offered to stay after school several nights a week to help him. She did and now in 4th grade, he is one of the best readers in his class.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 11, 2015
My 4th grader has a little bit of homework each night. It is usually spelling, a little math, and then maybe a social studies , writing or science project. It keeps them challenged without overloading them. I am glad to see them working at home but still have time to go outside and be a kid.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted August 11, 2015
I see this mostly in their STEM program. My kids are taught to never give up on a problem. They are able to try a solution and if that does not work they are encouraged to redesign and try again. This has had an affect on how they approach their homework as well. They want to finish it and not give up, even when they find it difficult.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted August 11, 2015
This school has taught my kids how to be kind to others and welcome everyone into their hearts. They often come home talking about how they feel respected by the teachers and I think this serves as a good role model for my kids. This is an area that St. Theresa excels.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 11, 2015
This school goes out of their way to be sure that every student is respected and valued. I love to go to the weekly school masses and see the students so actively engaged in the mass. My kids have grown in their faith and treat others with the up most kindness.

5810 Carpenter Avenue, Des Moines, IA  50311