Posted March 13, 2009
Mt. Olive Lutheran School is a wonderful school which has been a real blessing to my children and our family. There is a close friendship which develops among the students and with the staff. The teachers are treated with respect and affection, and they likewise treat the students the same way. The academics are challenging and the children receive the very best instruction and mentoring. My daughter attended from preschool through 8th grade and was very well prepared for the advanced classes in high school, both academic classes and music/drama. My two boys are still there, and I feel great each day knowing that they are receiving the very best educational experience, along with the Christian values which lead to true character development. Thank you to all of the Mt. Olive staff and families for making Mt. Olive a true blessing to Des Moines!

Mt Olive Lutheran School 3

Posted July 18, 2008
Both of my children went to Mt. Olive. The teachers are experienced and great. The only problem I have, is that the parents (and children) all know each other pretty well and are not welcoming to new comers. I had tried numerous times to get our family invovled in school activities; which we regret due to being ostracized. Overall, the school is not excepting or welcoming to families who are a little different from their mainstream.

Posted July 11, 2007
This is a fantastic school with great academics, small class sizes and plenty of opportunity to get involved.

Posted March 14, 2004

Posted March 03, 2004
Mt. Olive is by far the best school in the Des Moines area. The teachers and support staff are very involved in each child's education. My son's kindergarten teacher has been teaching for 25 years, and still keeps in touch with students who are now grown up and have kids of their own! Parents are welcome in the classroom, and often help in the school in one way or another. Class sizes and Christian value systems are second to none!

Mt Olive Lutheran School
5625 Franklin Avenue, Des Moines, IA  50310
Last modified Mt Olive Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-7
Mt Olive Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top